Waived: Jordan Caron (Warsofsky and Cunningham as well 10/4/14) - All clear :-/

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
I'm actually more pleased that Warsofsky cleared than I am pissed that Caron cleared, too. Yes, no doubt Claudarelli will be tempted to grab a cookie from the Caron jar at some point, and that's bad.

But with Boychuk gone, it's good to have some backup defense in case of injury. Because you have to go all the way back to...oh, wait, that was just last year when 1/3 of our D lost a good part of their season.

I am with you, glad Warsofsky cleared. Next year when Kruger piece himself out of the Bruins system Warsofsky can step in and be the the sixth guy.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
From the Herald:

Caron and Cunningham will remain with the team for the time being and could still make it into the lineup for the season opener against Philadelphia at the Garden. Warsofsky will be assigned to Providence of the AHL.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/brui ... fense_plan

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
From the Herald:

Caron and Cunningham will remain with the team for the time being and could still make it into the lineup for the season opener against Philadelphia at the Garden. Warsofsky will be assigned to Providence of the AHL.

This is not good news.

I want Caron and the Caron expirement out of Boston.

He is a 13th forward marginal NHL player forever with the Bruins and probably just about very other club.

ytownhockey10

tornado of souls
Mar 8, 2010
in the salt
From the Herald:

i dont ****ing get it.

why in christ's name is he still anywhere near this team?

hes placed on waivers, a move met with universal acclaim, and manages to crack the top twelve four ****ing days later. i can see it happening and i wont be surprised.

Last edited:

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
There are reason's why a team would not take a player thru the waiver claim and wait until he clears and trade a 7th rounder for him that would benefit them better than just putting in a claim. Don't see it happening, but there are reasons. I just can't be bothered to explain it.

OT here, Bruins should now put in a claim for Mike Kostka. $625K cap hit !

Would they/could they do this? Furthermore, lately Chia seems reluctant to pull the trigger on a deal fast enough. The longer that he has been here the longer it seems that he takes to get things done. IF he were a little more pro-active it seems to me he'd sure save himself a ton of problems along the line.
Anyway, after whining and crying about having too many d-men, does he have the wherewithal to do this?

billings21

Jul 13, 2014
MA
he's going to be on the team, at least as a scratch. they aren't going to pay him an nhl salary to play in providence. awful as predicted by everybody.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
he's going to be on the team, at least as a scratch. they aren't going to pay him an nhl salary to play in providence. awful as predicted by everybody.

It's only 600k. They've done it before. Even guys like Whitfield and Tardif draw around $250K with their AHL salaries if I'm not mistaken.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
If Caron got sent down to the AHL, I can see him being loaned to another AHL team rather than take ice time away from guys like Ferlin, Griffith, Knight, etc.

That said I doubt he gets sent down. He'll be here all season as the 13th/14th forward Chia can find a taker via trade/waivers.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
If Caron got sent down to the AHL, I can see him being loaned to another AHL team rather than take ice time away from guys like Ferlin, Griffith, Knight, etc.

That said I doubt he gets sent down. He'll be here all season as the 13th/14th forward Chia can find a taker via trade/waivers.

Caron was selected in 2009. A draft year before Jared Knight. He's still just 23 and already has 123 NHL games +9 Playoffs. I'm the furthest thing from a Caron fan, but there's still a slight chance he turns into a good value 3rd liner. I'd give him the opportunity to find it in Providence.

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
I'm sorry, who is actually sad to see Caron go?
He's been one of the biggest busts of the Chia era.
He makes Hamill look useful.
He had SO MANY CHANCES and delivered absolutely NOTHING.

As a 13th forward, he was often our worst option.
It's time for us to move on past the Jordan Caron era.
Time to look forward to seeing who of Pastrnak, Spooner, Koko, or Fraser can crack the lineup with the big club.

Krug and Reilly Smith are givens to make the team.
But who will step up to be the Next Krug or Smith?

billings21

Jul 13, 2014
MA
It's only 600k. They've done it before. Even guys like Whitfield and Tardif draw around $250K with their AHL salaries if I'm not mistaken.
it's not like he's going to lead them to a calder cup and sell a few more hot dogs for jacobs. he can't even score in the minors. the only thing that makes sense is they think he's good nhl depth or they were hoping his junior coach got promoted to an nhl gm position and wanted to trade a 7th rd pick for him.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Chia must have known that the three players would be safe on waivers. I like the gamble he took.
It gives him some flexibility to keep Cunningham or Caron up with the big team or sent to Providence.

I still think he will wait it out until some injuries occur in the NHL and hopefully be able to pawn off Caron to another team for a late draft pick.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
I'm sorry, who is actually sad to see Caron go?
He's been one of the biggest busts of the Chia era.
He makes Hamill look useful.

He had SO MANY CHANCES and delivered absolutely NOTHING.

As a 13th forward, he was often our worst option.
It's time for us to move on past the Jordan Caron era.
Time to look forward to seeing who of Pastrnak, Spooner, Koko, or Fraser can crack the lineup with the big club.

Krug and Reilly Smith are givens to make the team.
But who will step up to be the Next Krug or Smith?

You lost credibility here. Caron was a late 1st round pick that made the team early on, and unfortunately has regressed. Caron of 2-3 years ago was better than Caron of today. Hamill, a top 10 pick, has a total of 4 NHL points, could still make the show, but kid is 2 years older than Caron with less NHL experience. Both are busts, with the possibility of being journeymen, but Chiarelli's drafting pre-2010 was putrid overall. 25th overall not making the NHL is a lot less disappointing than 8th overall not making it.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Chia must have known that the three players would be safe on waivers. I like the gamble he took.
It gives him some flexibility to keep Cunningham or Caron up with the big team or sent to Providence.

I still think he will wait it out until some injuries occur in the NHL and hopefully be able to pawn off Caron to another team for a late draft pick.

I think almost every other system has a Caron in it. If no one picked him up via waivers, can't see anyone giving up anything for him. They'd likely play with their own AHL pool than give up assets for the Bruins bargain bin.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
it's not like he's going to lead them to a calder cup and sell a few more hot dogs for jacobs. he can't even score in the minors. the only thing that makes sense is they think he's good nhl depth or they were hoping his junior coach got promoted to an nhl gm position and wanted to trade a 7th rd pick for him.

During the lockout Caron played down there and I probably caught 15 or more games that season between Providence and Manchester and Caron was the most disinterested player I have ever seen.

He didnt want to be there, he played like he didnt want to be there, and when the lockout ended he stayed because he was so bad. Heard the Bruins were not overly ahem, happy with how he did.

By all accounts good guy, but he is in the way; I would just tell any other team you can have him just send me a gift certificate for a restaurant.

Caron has a chance in another team but in Boston he blocking someone.

If he is playing in Providence you are going to see one of the most miserable lackluster half assed (no, make that quarter assed) efforts you ever seen and somene like a Randall or Fallstrom (god forbid Knight, I'll go on a 6 state spree) gets pine over this guy I lose it.

Let him go, Chia, let him go....and Fraser at least tries but if you play Gagne over him, might as well find him a place to play as well.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
kind of like a garage sale,turns out one man's garbage is another man's garbage

:laugh:

I liken it to (unknowingly) taking the trash out on a holiday. You go out to your car for work the next morning, and the trash is inexplicably still there.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI

I think it'd be more about keeping a close eye on him in the event you need him (like in the case of a Paille injury). Again, far from a Caron fan, but the fact that he's been in the NHL up and down from 19-22 says something. He has some NHL qualities, but has simply got progressively worse every year since he turned pro....

I happen to think being a 12/13 forward during much his development years completely ruined him. It will do him no good this year either as a pressbox watcher either.

He's been passed by Florek and Cunningham as depth IMO (Caron is younger than both BTW). I wouldn't have a problem if they wiped their hands clean with him. He's just a body with limited upside. That NHL experience might give him a leg up if he can find it in the AHL though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad