Confirmed with Link: Jordan Binnington 6 Year Extension

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
If he continues on this trajectory (not saying that I know he would) ....

We need to start considering a buyout of some kind. The recent streak is just horrendous, worse than any Blues goalie I have ever seen (I have been watching the team for 20 years).
LOL what have we here? Like I said your gaslighting behavior is deplorable and awful.

"If he continues on this trajectory, we need to start considering a buyout of some kind." I especially liked how you tried to soften it with "of some kind" as if you're weighing the different kinds.

EastVillageBlues

Feb 18, 2019
How about that sweet Raycroft comparison? Remember when I acted like you came up with it?

Hmmm, non sequitur.

Again, either you are so ignorant of basic logic as to not understand what most people take for granted, or intentionally being thick.

When I said you misrepresented and or lied about what I said, I didn't say everything you said was a misrepresentation / lie. But at least the ones that I pointed out. Raycroft simile that I put forward, absolutely, which was about :

Binnington's trajectory is eerily similar to that of Raycroft; having had a phenomenal 18 months start to their NHL careers, then a gradual fade into oblivion.

The specific comparison was about the timeline of the occurrence. So when you liken person A to B, you always compare every single aspect between them? That would be absurd. Either way, just another case of your numerous faulty syllogisms we have seen this evening, whether willful or not I'm not going to speculate.

EastVillageBlues

Feb 18, 2019
LOL what have we here? Like I said your gaslighting behavior is deplorable and awful.

"If he continues on this trajectory, we need to start considering a buyout of some kind." I especially liked how you tried to soften it with "of some kind" as if you're weighing the different kinds.

There could definitely be possibility of a buyout with another team, possibly with certain amount retained, and some asset changed hands. There are various forms of those, one of the recent better known ones, see the Leafs, Canes, and Marleau.

mab894

Nov 27, 2017
he's not gonna be bought out. If he continues doing bad for an extended amount of time he'll be traded with other assets if anything. That said I do hope he bounces back and regains some confidence. DA is notoriously good at not trading a player when their value is lowest so I doubt a move happens anytime soon.

Reactions: MissouriMook

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
There could definitely be possibility of a buyout with another team, possibly with certain amount retained, and some asset changed hands. There are various forms of those, one of the recent better known ones, see the Leafs, Canes, and Marleau.
You just litigated whether or not you had called for a buyout. You called me a liar multiple times for saying you had. You are calling for a buyout, exactly like I said you were. Glad you can just move on without comment when I quote you doing it. What a joke. Maybe quote yourself some more.

EastVillageBlues

Feb 18, 2019
You just litigated whether or not you had called for a buyout. You called me a liar multiple times for saying you had. You are calling for a buyout, exactly like I said you were. Glad you can just move on without comment when I quote you doing it. What a joke. Maybe quote yourself some more.

Yes, how did I ever deny it?

I called for considering for a buyout as one of the options, if he fails to improve for the remainder of the season, where the decision on the options to be drawn up in the off-season.

Yet here, you misrepresented / lied about what I said again ....

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Yes, how did I ever deny it?

I called for considering for a buyout as one of the options, if he fails to improve for the remainder of the season, where the decision on the options to be drawn up in the off-season.

Yet here, you misrepresented / lied about what I said again ....
It doesn’t matter what you wrote or how anyone interpreted what you wrote.

Binnington is not getting bought out. So forget about it, move on and save yourself some unnecessary typing.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Can we cut the bickering and just talk about the team we love to follow?

We can choose to disagree and not be at each others throats.

It would be nice. I just don't understand the fans who are compulsively negative. It brings down the whole forum when people only criticize and complain all the time. But I guess it's their right to be miserable, and all I can do is put them on ignore. Which I did.

I mean despite the struggles, the team is still 4th in the conference in points percentage but reading many of the comments here you'd think they were a lottery team. And it does bother me to see the disrespect towards Binnington. Just a couple years ago this guy completed a storybook ending for our first ever Cup win and we've got Blues fans treating the guy like he's trash who should be thrown in the dumpster.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
he's not gonna be bought out. If he continues doing bad for an extended amount of time he'll be traded with other assets if anything. That said I do hope he bounces back and regains some confidence. DA is notoriously good at not trading a player when their value is lowest so I doubt a move happens anytime soon.
To add some perspective, buying him out in the next window would result in a dead cap hit averaging just over $2M a year for 10 years. Trading him with 33% retention would result in a dead cap hit of $2M for 5 years. Guess which one Army is most likely to take of these two scenarios?

Believe it or not, there are probably no less than a half dozen GMs who would take a flyer on Binnington at $4M a year for 5 years at the draft even if he continues to struggle the rest of this season. There are always a few GMs out there so desperate to address a goaltending issue that they think they can "fix him". And there is a decent chance that they can.

Apr 30, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I can’t imagine Armstrong even being willing to eat cap space for five years. That just is not a good business decision. We’re much better off just holding on to him and waiting for the inevitable rebound. He’s really struggling right now, but he’s not going to be this bad forever.

That said, I think this is a perfect example to illustrate why I despise 5+ year deals for goalies. I really wouldn’t like to go more than 3 to 4 years, with a couple of notable exceptions (Vasilevskiy or Shesterkin). There’s just too much volatility in the position.

Cotton McKnight

He left, get over it!
Feb 6, 2009
Siloam Springs
It would be nice. I just don't understand the fans who are compulsively negative. It brings down the whole forum when people only criticize and complain all the time. But I guess it's their right to be miserable, and all I can do is put them on ignore. Which I did.

I mean despite the struggles, the team is still 4th in the conference in points percentage but reading many of the comments here you'd think they were a lottery team. And it does bother me to see the disrespect towards Binnington. Just a couple years ago this guy completed a storybook ending for our first ever Cup win and we've got Blues fans treating the guy like he's trash who should be thrown in the dumpster.

Pretty sure Binny deserves beers bought for him whenever in a STL bar. It is however sad to see his current trajectory, hopefully he can turn it around. Yet I will never forget his unstoppable run and personality backing the Blues to SC glory!

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015

so what do we do ? ride binny until he figures it out ? or ride the hot hand ? im not knocking him and i never will ..but we cant just tread water

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
so what do we do ? ride binny until he figures it out ? or ride the hot hand ? im not knocking him and i never will ..but we cant just tread water

If he has to back up Husso for three rest of the year, so be it but it's not like we have to make a decision about his long term future right now. The whole team played like ass in his last two starts and I feel like the Toronto game was similar. He pretty much won the Dallas game for us and I thought he played very well in the winter classic despite giving up two meaningless goals near the end.

Yes, his recent play is concerning but as Chief said he just has to keep battling to regain his mental focus. I don't feel the situation is as dire as some make it seem, surely he's competent enough to back up Husso in the short term. We'll reassess the situation in the off-season but a lot can happen between now and then.

Last edited:

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
Binnington shouldn't be getting defended by anyone who was critical of Allen. Binny has shown nothing but sliding stats since his initial season. The numbers are all there if you care to look them up. He's not worth the contract he signed. I'd take the "bad" contract Allen had in a New York Minute for what we have now.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Binnington shouldn't be getting defended by anyone who was critical of Allen. Binny has shown nothing but sliding stats since his initial season. The numbers are all there if you care to look them up. He's not worth the contract he signed. I'd take the "bad" contract Allen had in a New York Minute for what we have now.
Big true

i aint Dunn yet

Apr 13, 2015
the contract is a killer

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Outright LOL comparing Binnington to Allen as equals. Allen lost his job literally every season he was the starter and was good in one playoff series ever.
Allen's series vs Minnesota was better than any series Binner has had and also he was quite good vs Nashville too (But Rinne was better).

Binner needs to stop living off of 2019 and get back to grinding.

Reactions: Blueston

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Outright LOL comparing Binnington to Allen as equals. Allen lost his job literally every season he was the starter and was good in one playoff series ever.

Allen outplayed Binnington for an entire season including playoffs. It wasn't even close. Still, Armstrong decided to let go the better of the two and throw stupid money at a poor goalie who has done nothing but regressed since the one outstanding playoff run he had.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Allen outplayed Binnington for an entire season including playoffs. It wasn't even close. Still, Armstrong decided to let go the better of the two and throw stupid money at a poor goalie who has done nothing but regressed since the one outstanding playoff run he had.

You should read the shit you write before hitting post. Allen f***ing sucked every single f***ing year he was the starter because he was a f***ing headcase. Every time Allen lost his starting job and was made a backup he played f***ing great which lead to nutjobs like you being willing to give him another chance.

Reactions: Reality Czech

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017

You tell em hoss, what does Armstrong know about running a successful hockey team? Let's listen to this random guy on the internet instead.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
just LOL

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
You tell em hoss, what does Armstrong know about running a successful hockey team? Let's listen to this random guy on the internet instead.

That's not what I said.

Armstrong is a great GM and I like him a lot but that wasn't his finest decision. The warning flags were there. Binnington was never gonna be a starter and he was never the same after the cup run. He was also, like I said, outplayed by Allen for an entire season. Now Allen had his struggles as well but he proved that in the right circumstances he's able to provide solid goaltending not just for a few games but also months or even years. Binnington never did that. I know exactly nothing compared to Armstrong and I'm the first to admit that I thought Husso would probably never get it together again in NA. Still, Armstrong really should have kept Allen over Binnington or at least ask for the latter to provide some kind of a sample size before throwing stupid money and term at him. I'll never get that decision. Binnington was going backwards already when Armstrong hit him with that contract.

Reactions: TruBlu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad