Joonas Donskoi. Signed Free Agent May 2015

CJL182

Oct 9, 2008
Don't know, but they should keep every goal puck. At worst it's great for Sharks charity offerings.

I've speculated that the NHL sets aside all goal pucks just in case it turns out to be a milestone puck, and auctions off the rest. Of course this doesn't apply if Pronger is involved. :naughty: I remember the Canes' 1st and 3rd (empty net goal) from Game 7 were being auctioned on the NHL site, but as expected the Cup winning 2nd goal wasn't available.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
I've speculated that the NHL sets aside all goal pucks just in case it turns out to be a milestone puck, and auctions off the rest. Of course this doesn't apply if Pronger is involved. :naughty: I remember the Canes' 1st and 3rd (empty net goal) from Game 7 were being auctioned on the NHL site, but as expected the Cup winning 2nd goal wasn't available.

ha ha...

Seeing Donskoi with his puck and seeing the LA Logo has me rethinking who keeps the pucks that aren't milestones, but I still think they should all be kept and identified. Somebody will buy them if a charity can offer them.

TexasShark

Jul 21, 2006
Have he and Hertl played together much yet? Looking at their play in the first two games it would seem like they could do well together. Perhaps when Melker returns they will give it a look, would leave Nieto out in the cold though.

Selannne

Mar 9, 2015
Has Joonas been good in these first games? Do you think he is an Nhl player for the rest of the season?

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Has Joonas been good in these first games? Do you think he is an Nhl player for the rest of the season?

Yes and yes. Not sure how productive he'll be or how long he'll stick on the top line, but it's clear to me that he belongs in the NHL from what I've seen over the last month.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Hes been ok. Not out of place skill or skating wise. Needs to take more direct lines on the forecheck when he's the first man in and shoot more often. Melker has a knack for getting into scoring areas and is a better a puckhound for that line imo.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Have he and Hertl played together much yet? Looking at their play in the first two games it would seem like they could do well together. Perhaps when Melker returns they will give it a look, would leave Nieto out in the cold though.

I'd actually LOVE that as a line in a year or two...

Karlsson - Hertl - Donskoi

Karlsson as F1, Donskoi as F2 and Hertl as F3. They're three talented young forwards who should complement one another well, and Hertl gets to be "the guy" on his line.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Donskoi has been a pleasant surprise and has been good defensively, but Karlsson seems a better fit with the Joes.

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
He can be transferred to the Cuda right? I think he's played okay so far, but I might hope for some Tierney type of effect after spending some time being a big dog with the Cuda.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
He can be transferred to the Cuda right? I think he's played okay so far, but I might hope for some Tierney type of effect after spending some time being a big dog with the Cuda.

He's definitely NHL caliber, and he's been playing against men in the Finnish Elite League since Rob Blake was our captain. I don't think anything other than NHL time would really benefit him at this point.

With that said, we definitely need to start using him as an F2. He has fantastic playmaking skills which we lack, and they kinda go to waste if he's on the same line as thornton and pavelski. I think he and Hertl would compliment each other perfectly...and if they somehow got Marleau on that line...Marleau-Hertl-Donskoi would be sickening

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
He's definitely NHL caliber, and he's been playing against men in the Finnish Elite League since Rob Blake was our captain. I don't think anything other than NHL time would really benefit him at this point.

With that said, we definitely need to start using him as an F2. He has fantastic playmaking skills which we lack, and they kinda go to waste if he's on the same line as thornton and pavelski. I think he and Hertl would compliment each other perfectly...and if they somehow got Marleau on that line...Marleau-Hertl-Donskoi would be sickening

I agree, I dont think he's a great fit with the Joe's, Karlsson was excellent for that, and Goldobin might be a good fit too.

With Couture out, and assuming Karlsson comes back sometime soon, I'd like to roll

Karlsson - Thornton - Pavelski
Marleau - Hertl - Donskoi
Nieto - Tierney - Ward
Wingels - Smith -Brown/Goodrow

I think that is a very solid mix of skill-sets

Lovsan

Oct 18, 2015
Finland
play him in top6 and give some #1 pp time and it will pay out, very skilled player and deserves to play top6 minutes.

:yo:

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
I agree, I dont think he's a great fit with the Joe's, Karlsson was excellent for that, and Goldobin might be a good fit too.

With Couture out, and assuming Karlsson comes back sometime soon, I'd like to roll

Karlsson - Thornton - Pavelski
Marleau - Hertl - Donskoi
Nieto - Tierney - Ward
Wingels - Smith -Brown/Goodrow

I think that is a very solid mix of skill-sets

I like these lines, but I am no so sure of the 4th line. What's happened to that beast, Wingels we saw for about a month last season? And Faststache Brown needs to hit more than he has on that line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad