Jonathan Toews

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Bit. ..Johnny days..."what are you going to do" ...you know...the snake bit defense for not converting..Still...even scoring issues aside...the facts are that you have a player shooting 5.9% who muster only 1 SHOT ...that is all
..1 SHOT on goal in the game vs.Ottawa..and he expects to get our of slumps with that "effort"? WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO?SHOOT a lot more...but even shooting aside, the great defensive plus that he is (allegedly) was a -2 on this game ...yes 1 of these negative goals at evens was recorded when Ottawa scored as he stepped on the ice from the p-box..but on any case you could say his penalty caused the jeopardy that led to that goal anyway..Also ...the
segment where he lost a key faceoff in our end on a pk ...did not cost us a goal but we spent too long and expended too much energy killing it chasing the puck around because of our best faceoff guy not winning a key faceoff as we expect him to..Then on his next 2 shifts which were von a pp for us..he kills that pp by losing 2 more faceoffs in then o-zone. .we lose possession off the hop and they clear...so 3 key faceoffs in a row our supoised best fails in the dot in cucial situations..So even without the scori g issues he was not $10.5 million great in other aspects of the game...

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Is there anyone here who doesn't know Toews salary? Doesn't know Seabrook's salary? Whoever doesn't know their salaries please raise their hands. Chirp.....Chirp......

Everyone is concerned with their play, everyone knows their cap hits. Does their salary need to be mentioned every friggin time they do something wrong? Toews doesn't finish, 10.5 mil. Seabrook doesn't clear, 7.5. Toews loses puck, 10.5 mil, Seabrook is slow, 7.5. Everyone knows their salaries, everyone gets it. Why does every single screw up, every single bad play HAVE to mention their pay when every human being on the planet is well aware of what they make? Is this it for 7 the next 7 years, constant salary number for every single screw up?

News flash, everyone knows their salaries. It does not have to be mentioned every single friggin post. You think they are overpaid go look at some of the stiffs in the NBA and what they make. You want to critique how they are playing fine. But why the salary mention EVERY TIME they are brought up when we all know what they make???

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Is there anyone here who doesn't know Toews salary? Doesn't know Seabrook's salary? Whoever doesn't know their salaries please raise their hands. Chirp.....Chirp......

Everyone is concerned with their play, everyone knows their cap hits. Does their salary need to be mentioned every friggin time they do something wrong? Toews doesn't finish, 10.5 mil. Seabrook doesn't clear, 7.5. Toews loses puck, 10.5 mil, Seabrook is slow, 7.5. Everyone knows their salaries, everyone gets it. Why does every single screw up, every single bad play HAVE to mention their pay when every human being on the planet is well aware of what they make? Is this it for 7 the next 7 years, constant salary number for every single screw up?

News flash, everyone knows their salaries. It does not have to be mentioned every single friggin post. You think they are overpaid go look at some of the stiffs in the NBA and what they make. You want to critique how they are playing fine. But why the salary mention EVERY TIME they are brought up when we all know what they make???

It's Christmas time. You should be cheery and lot let mentions of salary bother you.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
It's Christmas time. You should be cheery and lot let mentions of salary bother you.

I am cheery.

You know his salary, I know his salary, we all know his salary. Its not necessary to continually mention something everyone already knows. We all know his play is nowhere near his pay at the moment and numbers wise will never be. To mention it over and over for the next 7 years is pointless.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I am cheery.

You know his salary, I know his salary, we all know his salary. Its not necessary to continually mention something everyone already knows. We all know his play is nowhere near his pay at the moment and numbers wise will never be. To mention it over and over for the next 7 years is pointless.

:nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod::nod:

I'm cheery, too! It's my favorite time of the year!

Couldn't agree more, though. I can handle the critique on him and his play. That's fine. I critique him myself, much of the time. But the constant mention of his salary by people, as well as Seabs salary, and Kruger's salary, is annoying beyond belief. EVERY person that knows anything about the NHL knows Toews salary is not good respective to his play recently. They should also know that Seabs salary looks bad right now, too. So yeah... no reason for people to continually bring it up like no one has a clue. It was the last straw to why I ignored people the past couple days, because they just won't shut up about it.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
He's playing better than last year when he wasn't even giving himself scoring chances. The Captain needs to finish. We all see it. We've been banging on this drum for the past year. He's heard it too. Toews was visbly frustrated last night.

He missed a breakaway, an open net, and a batted open net. He needs to finish. It's as simple as that.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
At the advice of a few posters in here Toews has requested his number is changed from 19 to 10.5 and Seabrook his number changed from 7 to 6.875. This request has been made to help with the people in here who can't remember these numbers for 5 minutes and need the help of certain other people to constantly remind them.

The league normally doesn't allow decimal points in numbers but due to extreme cicumstances are considering the requests. Remember, 10.5 and 6.875!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad