Value of: Jonathan Huberdeau next contract

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
I love Huby duby du, but he aint sniffin 7m unless he has the "star breakout season" that this'll be out 3rd year waiting for.

He isn't good on defense, he isn't physical, he isn't anything special in terms of skating. And he has a tendency to be a hot head and take dumb penalties.

He's an offensive winger who third wheels on the 1st line.

If he does what he is expected to this year, which is be Barkov's sidekick and hit 20-25g & 45a, then he will have earned a 6m x 6y contract.
Ummm, no. I'll say the only thing you got 100% right is the skating.
You're correct in that he isn't a power forward, but he isn't some floater and only stays on the perimeter. He won't hurt you defensively, he's not a selke contender but he does his job pretty well. And what you call a "hot head", I call not being a doormat, I like that about Huberdeau. He's feisty, so the less than a hand full of times that lead to a penalty all season is ok with me, I don't see how that became an issue with you.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
I wouldn't pay him more than what Trocheck and Smith just signed for and absolutely not the 5.9 that Barkov is making. The forecast apparently is him probably wanting around 6 million which I don't necessarily feel comfortable agreeing to. I could live with it but I wouldn't be too thrilled unless he started pushing 70 points.
Why would Trocheck and Smith command more money than Huberdeau? :huh:
And he should be on par with Barkov at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad