Value of: Jonathan Huberdeau next contract

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
Brandon Saad deal, maybe a little more.

He should get more than Barkov/Forsberg/Saad simply because he would be giving up 2 additional years of UFA when he signs his next contract.

UFA years generally cost a bit more.

Reilly Smith got extended for $5 million. He's giving up UFA years.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
I think he'll basically get the 2.4m left over from Jagr's contract (thinking as Smith getting 1.6 of it) + little extra from what will be Jokinen's the season after but he won't get much if any more than Barkov.

6 years 5.9-6.25m AAV

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Judging what they gave to his teammates, I'm going to guess he'll get something closer to $7M, if not as much or more.

I don't think Huberdeau will be in any rush to re-sign as well as this could be a huge year for him and with a great season, he will be commanding more than some of the numbers being suggested in this discussion.

m302291

Jun 2, 2015
Judging what they gave to his teammates, I'm going to guess he'll get something closer to $7M, if not as much or more.

I don't think Huberdeau will be in any rush to re-sign as well as this could be a huge year for him and with a great season, he will be commanding more than some of the numbers being suggested in this discussion.

I love Huby duby du, but he aint sniffin 7m unless he has the "star breakout season" that this'll be out 3rd year waiting for.

He isn't good on defense, he isn't physical, he isn't anything special in terms of skating. And he has a tendency to be a hot head and take dumb penalties.

He's an offensive winger who third wheels on the 1st line.

If he does what he is expected to this year, which is be Barkov's sidekick and hit 20-25g & 45a, then he will have earned a 6m x 6y contract.

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
IMO he's not worth more than Barkov.

Would not want to give him over 6 million.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
I wouldn't pay him more than what Trocheck and Smith just signed for and absolutely not the 5.9 that Barkov is making. The forecast apparently is him probably wanting around 6 million which I don't necessarily feel comfortable agreeing to. I could live with it but I wouldn't be too thrilled unless he started pushing 70 points.

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
It will probably be around the 6x6 range, depending on the season he has. He only has 2 RFA seasons when his current deal expires, and that pushes the price up.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
I wouldn't pay him more than what Trocheck and Smith just signed for and absolutely not the 5.9 that Barkov is making. The forecast apparently is him probably wanting around 6 million which I don't necessarily feel comfortable agreeing to. I could live with it but I wouldn't be too thrilled unless he started pushing 70 points.

Well if he becomes a 70 point player than that makes him pretty much a 7 mil player...if he score 70 on a 6 mil contract that is very good

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
It will probably be around the 6x6 range, depending on the season he has. He only has 2 RFA seasons when his current deal expires, and that pushes the price up.

I agree with this... depends how the season and the playoffs (hope I'm not being too presumptuous) go.

My guess today will be $37.5m/6 ($6.25m AAV)... again, could change with how the season goes.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Little less than Barkov, more than Trocheck and Smith. And when (never) Jagr retires, his money goes to.... DRUMS.... Michael Matheson!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad