M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014

V6e65op.gif

Crapolla that aint good that Bennings shopping him what happend

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
So Dahlen is staying the season with Timra in the second-division Swedish Allsvenskan....kind of disappointing really.....Thought a season in Utica or in the top-tier SHL might have benefited him more....it'll be interesting to see in training camp if this development year has affected him in any way.

rune74

Oct 10, 2008
So Dahlen is staying the season with Timra in the second-division Swedish Allsvenskan....kind of disappointing really.....Thought a season in Utica or in the top-tier SHL might have benefited him more....it'll be interesting to see in training camp if this development year has affected him in any way.

Where did you see this? I saw no decision has been made yet....

Ziostilon

Feb 14, 2009
Isn't he wanting to stay, so he can get Timra to the promotion / relegation playoffs.
Timra's schedule ends around early March, then you have the playoffs and that ends mid to late March.

If Utica is in the mix, then he might get assigned there at the end of March

FroshaugFan2

Dec 7, 2006

The Iron Goalie

Formally 'OEL for Norris'
Feb 8, 2012
Langley, BC
Rick Dahliwal just twitted that Dahlen will play the next 4 games with Timra, and then will decided on where he'll play the rest of the season.

rune74

Oct 10, 2008
Let's hope for him to decide to come to Utica....would be great in my opinion to start to transition his game.

Reactions: Wo Yorfat

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Hopefully he comes over or at least moves to the SHL. I don’t know if staying in a second tier league that he is too good for is the best thing for his development.

rune74

Oct 10, 2008
Hopefully he comes over or at least moves to the SHL. I don’t know if staying in a second tier league that he is too good for is the best thing for his development.

I'm wondering if due to his Mono he was concerned with coming in and performing below expectations at the next level and wanted to cushion his move, this could have been his agent protecting him as well.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
I'm wondering if due to his Mono he was concerned with coming in and performing below expectations at the next level and wanted to cushion his move, this could have been his agent protecting him as well.

I'm pretty sure he openly stated that that was the reason he wanted to start the season in a lower level. It wasn't a bad idea, but if he decides to stay there now I can't see a scenario where that could be deemed a positive.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
One positive could be ice time and playing in situations he might not get if he moved up a level. If it was up to me he'd return to NA with Utica and see some NHL games down the stretch. But I don't think it writes off his season developmentally if he stays where he is.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
One positive could be ice time and playing in situations he might not get if he moved up a level. If it was up to me he'd return to NA with Utica and see some NHL games down the stretch. But I don't think it writes off his season developmentally if he stays where he is.
I think he would get that ice time in Shl. I think positives is that he is the guy in Timra and his ppg is improving in a tight league without Petterson. It is not a lot different than Boeser playing last year at North Dakota or Gaudette playing this year at college. Just because they are the best players does not mean they cannot improve there. This league is an adult pro league it is not that he is staying in high school. That said would like him go to Utica and be possible call up this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad