Recalled/Assigned: Jon Gilles Recalled (Upd 1/2/19)

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
The Blues is about as soft of a game Gillies can have. I don't have high expectations but I hope there's some progression

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Backs says he wants to play during this 3 game road trip, so he is pretty close to drawing back in. I'll say Sunday he plays.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Throw Gillies in Net aginnst Blues. (If we win vs Wild)

If we lose vs Wild but Ritich has a decent game then play him again against Blues.

Need 2 points put of the weekend. MINIMUM.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Throw Gillies in Net aginnst Blues. (If we win vs Wild)

If we lose vs Wild but Ritich has a decent game then play him again against Blues.

Need 2 points put of the weekend. MINIMUM.
I’d like to win out 2018, solid 60 points entering into 2019.
Edit: 58 points....would’ve been 60 if we beat the Oilers

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
There will be no game for Gillies. He does not deserve it anyway

Smith injury is a badly bruise ego after letting in a goal a beer league goalie could have stopped. He will be back for the second game if needed

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
I kind of wish we called up Schneider, given he's played pretty well, give him a week or so of NHL pay for the first time right before Christmas

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Why not? A solid performance and a win would don wonders for a guy plying. In the AHL. Give him a shot if he’s up here for more than a few days

He hasn't earned a start. That's a guaranteed loss for us.

joescores

Mar 21, 2011
He hasn't earned a start. That's a guaranteed loss for us.
He is saying give the kid a shot. I agree with him. We are rolling teams left and right. We can afford it. Give him the Sunday game I say.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
I’m calling it. Gillies gets one game, Smith out for two weeks.....maintenance

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
All I know is this team still needs another goalie. Said it since the start of the season, smiths groin is going to be an issue.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
He is saying give the kid a shot. I agree with him. We are rolling teams left and right. We can afford it. Give him the Sunday game I say.
Ehh... our last two games were a shutout loss and a skin of your teeth comeback OT win. Hardly “rolling”.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
There will be no game for Gillies. He does not deserve it anyway

Smith injury is a badly bruise ego after letting in a goal a beer league goalie could have stopped. He will be back for the second game if needed

I know I shouldn't have to, but I wanted to make sure you're joking. Hard to tell sometimes without an accompanying smiley.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

You can interpret ‘general soreness’ anyway you like

I assume you posted the wrong video.

But Mike Smith has an undisclosed injury. Pretending to be injured because your pride is hurt would be a suspendable offence similar to what Drouin did, so that isn't plausible. And the team wouldn't be calling up and paying another player with that motivation either. I believe there are rules about publicly declaring a player injured.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I don’t care about Gillies being recalled. But STL isn’t an easy out. That team has lots of snipers, the potential for him to get lit up is there.

Reactions: Migos

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
Yup, the 36-year-old with an injury history who plays one of the most physically taxing sports in the world at a professional level isn't actually injured, just faking. :shakehead Ever heard of Occam's razor?

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
Go find another goalie now, I'm telling you, Smith's groin is cooked and the risk of injury if and when he comes back is at a higher level than ever now. How many let in beach balls from the blue line does Tre need to see before he acts. This team can contend, don't waste that opportunity by not having at least average goaltending. Rittich has been great, but expecting him to shoulder the load now is foolish IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad