Movies: Joker 2 confirmed, and it's a musical???

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
hahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Not sure if I'm laughing at Todd Phillips or with him.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
A musical?????

giphy.gif

And Margot Robbie is being recast by Lady Gaga?????

200.gif

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
It will never cease to satisfy me that Todd Phillips made the first movie because he was butthurt that he couldn't call people f****ts anymore and that people stopped watching his shitty Hangover movies, so he goes full red pill and blames cancel culture only to lose his Best Director award to a dude who made a comedy about Hitler.
Sorry to nitpik, but it was the Parasite director who won Best Director, Bong Joon-ho.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
This has a 95% chance of being a trainwreck and a 5% chance of being brilliance.

There really is no middle ground here.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I think people are failing to realize how theatrical and performative that The Joker as a character really is. It's not that surprising or weird for this to be a musical, in my opinion.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I have less than zero interest in watching a musical. What an odd decision. I can't imagine there's a lot of overlap between superhero/joker movie fans and musical fans but what do I know
I read a theory that the musicals would be what Joker and Harley see while committing violent acts, then it'd flash to reality to show the damage they've. I thought that's be a cool idea. Risky, but if pulled off correctly- it'd be dope.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I read a theory that the musicals would be what Joker and Harley see while committing violent acts, then it'd flash to reality to show the damage they've. I thought that's be a cool idea. Risky, but if pulled off correctly- it'd be dope.
I could live with that actually. I just can't do the singing for 10 minutes at a time

Reactions: Big Poppa Puck

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.
Just as he essentially hallucinated large parts from the 1st movie, the two of them are hallucinating themselves "making beautiful music together" while in reality they are just brutally murdering people.

If this isn't the movie, I'm going to be so pissed.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I will give credit to the idea .. a second Joker movie, after the first in a volume of comic book movies, are taking a big swing to stand out in a different way.

Big risk big reward IMO

Trailer looks intriguing. Should be interesting to see how Gaga portrays Harley Quinn in this version, and how her organs are written. That and the integration of the musics/theatrics are the key pieces for this movie.

This gives me Sucker Punch vibes but darker/grittier and hopefully a lot better :laugh:

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad