Injury Report: Johnson neck surgery, Murphy concussion protocol

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I'm sure having a herniated disk in his neck, which has likely been an injury he has had for a while, hasn't affected his play at all. Some of you need to try a bit harder to hide the fact that you've never played a competitive sport in your lives.
Pretty sure he hasnt played since he got the injury.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Pretty sure he hasnt played since he got the injury.

We are assuming this is an injury he sustained here, and not one that got worse while playing here. To the point it needed surgery. How long did Eichel play with his neck injury? I don't know when the injury happened, but this is an injury a lot of guys play through, until they can't.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
We are assuming this is an injury he sustained here, and not one that got worse while playing here. To the point it needed surgery. How long did Eichel play with his neck injury? I don't know when the injury happened, but this is an injury a lot of guys play through, until they can't.
Ben Pope tweeted when the injury happened. I think it was against Carolina, I'll try to find it when I'm back on my PC.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Pretty sure you are clueless. Medical staff has said they’ve been working on it for quite some time using various treatments and they didn’t work.
It's been weeks since he was out, that's what they're referring too. They kept trying things to get him back before deciding on surgery.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
hope they do something nice with that 2nd round pick from Tampa because the Johnson trade is looking like a disaster with 2 more years at 5m+ per

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
what exactly did you not understand
That you don't get it's entirely a capsaving trade. They gained a pick... and saved 2mil. There's no, oh the trade could be a disaster because of 5Mil... They saved, because it's cheaper by Seabs. Even if their 2nd rounder is the worst pick of all time, they gained more capsavings.

Reactions: Giovi

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
It is more of you not understanding the situation then Clyde not uderstanding.

I mean, they dumped the Seabrook deal for a 2nd round pick, and a guy who might be on LTIR the rest of his time here, too... How could the trade be a "disaster"? Lol

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
It is more of you not understanding the situation then Clyde not uderstanding.

they have 5m cap hit on books for two more years, what so complicated to understand about this, they better get a decent player from that pick, its fairly simple

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
they have 5m cap hit on books for two more years, what so complicated to understand about this, they better get a decent player from that pick, its fairly simple
They traded MORE cap in that trade than they are paying with Johnson... The trade was saving around 2 million in cap.

Reactions: Mrfenn92 and BK

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
They traded MORE cap in that trade than they are paying with Johnson... The trade was saving around 2 million in cap.

seabrook is in ltiretirement so hes 0 cap dollars, johnson had 3 years left at 5 per, and tampa is right up against the cap every year and made it work with seabrook being on ltir day one of season

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Johnson will be back in 3 months. Hes not going on LTIR for the next 2 years.

the-big-lebowski-thats-like-your-opinion-man.gif

Reactions: ClydeLee

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Oof. That's nasty.

I was referring to him being back in 3 months, and not eventually LTIRetiring because of the injury. We will see.
Yeah, I don't see him not coming back. No reason he can't, other than he sucks already, so if he's any worse, he'll be AHL bound.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Yeah, I don't see him not coming back. No reason he can't, other than he sucks already, so if he's any worse, he'll be AHL bound.
Isn't this the a similar possibly risky surgery that Buffalo didn't want Eichel to have? To just accept a disc replacement surgery to be certain and fine with a 3 month timeline to return is no gaurnetee

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
hope the surgery went well!

speedy recovery TJ, lets see if that can make you a better more complete player like were on the Tampa triplets line...

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00