Injury Report: Johnson neck surgery, Murphy concussion protocol

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Johnson was useless anyway Stan took a big giant 5 million dollar dump on his head and enjoyed it, he was so oblivious, I would say like a deer in headlights but I wouldn’t insult deers like that.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
D9DFE4BA-FBBB-407C-9D65-A9907BD24F5E.jpeg

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Every time I watch the hit on Murphy it looks like a headshot. Just don’t have the right angle to prove it. His head snaps back before he hits the boards.

coolhand

Jan 20, 2016
Streamwood, IL
Every time I watch the hit on Murphy it looks like a headshot. Just don’t have the right angle to prove it. His head snaps back before he hits the boards.
I thought ovie got the elbow and forearm up too high on that hit. It was a cheap shot anyway in my view. Murphy had already passed the puck. I was hoping to see some payback at some point by the Hawks. I figured Khaira would smoke somebody.

Reactions: pvr

WarLax

Apr 17, 2016
I thought ovie got the elbow and forearm up too high on that hit. It was a cheap shot anyway in my view. Murphy had already passed the puck. I was hoping to see some payback at some point by the Hawks. I figured Khaira would smoke somebody.

Team didn't want to give any excuses to that psychopath Wilson.

Exhibit A being what he did to Panarin last year.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Johnson was useless anyway Stan took a big giant 5 million dollar dump on his head and enjoyed it, he was so oblivious, I would say like a deer in headlights but I wouldn’t insult deers like that.

We took an active 5 million dollar cap dump, Seabrook is LTIR so you can still use that money towards improving your roster. How you don’t see the stupidity of this move is unreal and the 10 who liked your post just shows how people here are so oblivious to what’s happening and thus why everyone has been so hopeful and “positive” when everything about this team has been negative, what a bunch of door handles.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
We took an active 5 million dollar cap dump, Seabrook is LTIR so you can still use that money towards improving your roster. How you don’t see the stupidity of this move is unreal and the 10 who liked your post just shows how people here are so oblivious to what’s happening and thus why everyone has been so hopeful and “positive” when everything about this team has been negative, what a bunch of door handles.
Imagine replying and getting in a fight with yourself

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
blah, too bad for TJ, hope he gets well, do we have any LTIR space at this point? as others have saidm, rather see the kids play anyway

hope Murphy is not concussed to bad...

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

Lol

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Unfortunately, I have to agree. TJ is not the player he once was and it was apparent in his last few seasons in TB. Another example of Stan acquiring a veteran on the slide out of desperation and hoping he could somehow return to form.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
FWIW, I liked the post because of the use of “doorknob”

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Unfortunately, I have to agree. TJ is not the player he once was and it was apparent in his last few seasons in TB. Another example of Stan acquiring a veteran on the slide out of desperation and hoping he could somehow return to form.
Come on Bobby

MileHighHawksFan

When the going gets tough, Hawks fly together!
Jan 16, 2012
Denver, CO
Utilize TJ correctly (bottom 6/4th line) and he’s an effective player. 4g 3a on the 4th line in the playoffs is rock solid. Just not ideal for his 5.5 mil. Also how he’d look on blackhawks 3.0 with King remains to be seen.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I'm sure having a herniated disk in his neck, which has likely been an injury he has had for a while, hasn't affected his play at all. Some of you need to try a bit harder to hide the fact that you've never played a competitive sport in your lives.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
This is such a stupid take. Johnson is the right role (4th or fringe 3rd line C) is a 1.5 to maybe 2.0 million asset if properly replaced.
So it’s maybe 3 mill “wasted” to gain a 2nd AND move Seabrook’s 6.5 from LTIR.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Why would Hawks need another player who plays small and would have trouble cracking the top-6 on any team?
It's almost like you're ignoring the real 2 bigger elements of that trade... who would of guessed.

I wonder if this is just going to be LTIretirement for Johnson who was seemingly on the verge of that in Tampa anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00