Johnson gets tossed for headbutting Iginla during fight

• Thread starter Vomiting Kermit*
  • Start date

Vomiting Kermit*

Johnson pushed his head into Iginla's face three times during their fight. Ref gave him a match for headbutting.

I imagine Sheriff Shanny will be dealing with this soon. Isn't a match automatically reviewed?

FakeEdit: Nick Johnson on the Wild.

Last edited by a moderator:

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
That was a incredibly weak call, anyone who sees the video that will eventually be posted will laugh at this.

X8oD

Feb 27, 2002
612 Warf Ave.
was not a headbutt.

Id be more frustrated that Iginla started throwing punches with his visor on, and then basically stopped fighting to call for a headbutt, which wasnt even there. And got the referees to buy it.

Complete sell job by Iginla.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Last time Nick Johnson fought he had his season wiped with a concussion. Bad things happens when he tries to fight.

usernam*

My favorite part is where you can distinctly see the ref say to Koivu "don't ****ing talk to me" when he's at the bench

snowden

Man is matter
Jul 5, 2011
I thought it was pretty obvious Johnson was just moving his head any which we he could to avoid the punches. More like a real boxer type move with getting the head in close and hugging Iginla. If that results in a suspension, I'd question Shanahan big time. A fine maybe if they really have to do something about it.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
The ref was a tool and disrespectful for yelling at Koivu who wanted in on the explanation. Are you that blind that you can't see the "C" on his jersey?

Billy Mays Here*

What's even worse is the ref screaming at Koivu when Koivu tries to talk to him. Hes the ****ing captain he can talk to you ya moron.

X8oD

Feb 27, 2002
612 Warf Ave.
Last time Nick Johnson fought he had his season wiped with a concussion. Bad things happens when he tries to fight.

worst thing was, he wasnt even the guy locked up with Iginla. He was just the guy Iginla started throwing punches at.

Falk? I think that was his name, was the aggressor against Iginla.

Paper

Nov 4, 2009
I don't think it was intentional at all.

How was it not intentional?

Was it "weak?" Absolutely, it did no damage. But it was also a very clear headbutt. Can't have idiots head-butting during fights or someone will get injured. Good call, will be looked at but because of the no injury and proper call on ice maybe a fine but no suspension.

usernam*

The ref was a tool and disrespectful for yelling at Koivu who wanted in on the explanation. Are you that blind that you can't see the "C" on his jersey?

He looked like a more pissed off, skinnier version of Staubitz to me :laugh:

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
This is one of the weakest call's Ive seen this year, and then the Ref acted like a total jackass by yelling at Mikko Koivu, the Wild's CAPTAIN.

Its good to know that Iginla gets to call his own penalties tho. Should be useful knowledge for anyone playing in the Saddledome.

Vomiting Kermit*

It wasn't vicious but I think it was intentional, especially when he did it three times.

Hopefully there's a YouTube soon.

Edit: upon further review, I don't know any more.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I kinda wish Koivu would have done a "Clutterbuck" and punched the ref in the face. That was EXTREMELY uncalled for by the zebra. He's gotta pull the hockey stick out of his bum.

I'm not upset about the PK, I'm upset at how the ref handled the situation.
Yep. That's what I'm more p***ed about.

Vomiting Kermit*

Brad May is talking about it on Sportsnet. If anyone knows a dirty/clean play, it's him. :sarcasm:

jojoh07*

Iginla is always pissed when he loses a fight , becomes a whiny lil baby

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad