Player Discussion: Johnny "Hockey" Gaudreau

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Didn't know that Noa is girls name, but apparently that's a female name from Old Testament meaning "motion". Daddy is pretty quick too, so propably a fitting name for the future NWHL star 😉

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Completely random rambling but I follow soccer a bit but I'm no expert. I have Welsh heritage and have been a follower of Cardiff City since I got interested after a summer vacation there in 2013.

Naturally I've been very interested in Ryan Reynolds and Rob McEllhenney buying Wrexham AFC and have been watching their documentary series Welcome to Wrexham. After seeing that show up to this point I watched an interview today by Rich Eisen with Paul Mullin, their star signing last year as they try to move the team up in the English football system.

In the interview, Paul said the biggest thing that convinced him to drop down 2 leagues and sign with Wrexham was the desire to be closer to home and closer to family. He is from NW England and not terribly far from Wrexham after playing in Cambridge.

it just struck me as being a semi parallel story to Johnny coming to Columbus and its not always being about the money. Sure money helps but it is nice to know that there are athletes in every sport who just care about being happy outside of the dollars they make.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
I just had the thought about looking for JG13 on meigray...only minorly shocked they're already gone

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I just had the thought about looking for JG13 on meigray...only minorly shocked they're already gone
I checked a 2-3 weeks ago and they were gone then.. I really wonder if they even made it to getting posted. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad