Confirmed with Link: Johnny Gaudreau named as Flames' lone All-star

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I've seen McLean/Bettman interviews before, and it's always tense. Bettman is very careful about things he says in any interview and the precise words he uses, and McLean sometimes uses casual language and phrasing which really sets him off.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Yeah, I remember an interview they had a few years before Atlanta was relocated to Winnipeg (this could have been related to the Coyotes ownership/money problems) and MacLean was asking when Canada was going to get another team but the phrasing he used sort of insinuated that Bettman didn't want another team in Canada.

Pekkas Purse

Feb 2, 2010
All we need now is a non checking 3 on 3 NHL and Johnny is top 5.

I had the dubious distinction of being next to our supreme leader this afternoon post game :sarcasm:. Luckily we were in a no smoking area as lighting up could have taken out the entire 1st floor of the Marriott/Ritz Carlton. One look no farther to understand the Flames as a team.

Snazu

I contribute nothing
Feb 2, 2007
What's funny though, MacLean always acted like Cherry's sidekick, especially some years ago. But he always played him exactly how he wanted to in order to please the audience.

My friend saw Don Cherry and Ron Maclean at the airport in Toronto once about 10 or so years ago and he said that as soon as people realized it was Don Cherry, a whole crowd just swarmed around him and Maclean took all Cherry's bags and just got pushed outside the circle and was just standing there. Don Cherry was loving every minute of it and signing autographs and taking pictures and everything

My friend felt bad for Maclean and went up and started talking to him while he's standing there with an armful of luggage and said he was one of the most genuine nice people he's ever met. I definitely get that vibe off watching those hometown hockey's.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
My friend saw Don Cherry and Ron Maclean at the airport in Toronto once about 10 or so years ago and he said that as soon as people realized it was Don Cherry, a whole crowd just swarmed around him and Maclean took all Cherry's bags and just got pushed outside the circle and was just standing there. Don Cherry was loving every minute of it and signing autographs and taking pictures and everything

My friend felt bad for Maclean and went up and started talking to him while he's standing there with an armful of luggage and said he was one of the most genuine nice people he's ever met. I definitely get that vibe off watching those hometown 's.

I met MacLean in Newmarket during Hometown of Hockey, and I agree he's so friendly and down to earth and will take pictures and have a deep conversation with anyone. Like very deep. If you ask him about Nietzche or Freud, he'd give you his opinions on them (Which is: "They are who they are, they have interesting perspectives that makes them who they are.") Best response ever lol...

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
I met MacLean in Newmarket during Hometown of Hockey, and I agree he's so friendly and down to earth and will take pictures and have a deep conversation with anyone. Like very deep. If you ask him about Nietzche or Freud, he'd give you his opinions on them (Which is: "They are who they are, they have interesting perspectives that makes them who they are.") Best response ever lol...

You baffle me

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
They raved pretty good about Gaudeau through the whole 3 on 3 tourney. If he had buried one more goal he would have been the mvp. Holtby was great. And Simmons deserved the nod because he was good too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad