Confirmed with Link: John Tortorella Has Been Fired and the subsequent coaching search

Status
Not open for further replies.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Unfortunate that Sather isn't going with him. He gets to hire another coach, 6th time's the charm I guess...

Kel Varnsen

Below: Nash's Heart
Sep 27, 2009
At least when we suck next year you'll all realize it wasn't the coach's fault before.

Blueshirt Believer

Feb 28, 2012
Happy days are HERE AGAIN!!!

YES!!!!

I hope its not AV though. That dude sucks. If they go with an up and comer, I'm fine with that...

How much you want to bet that Hank had a say in this...

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@MikeFrancesaNY: Glens Hey There will have a pressah at 2:15 and we will carry it live awn da FAN, ok.â€

:laugh:

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
Wow..just wow.

I thought he did ok, considering the shortened season..

I thought he'd at least Get a good summercamp and 5-9 games next season before getting the axe..

Vidic15*

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 2m
Lundqvist comments after season "changed everything," according to a source

When the greatest goalie in the history of your team doesn't commit to resigning and starts talking about his team in the past tense, you make this change.

0ddManRush

Jul 1, 2010
NY
I don't care about anything else. Just give me someone who can coach a power play and doesn't preach dump and chase on every entry.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
This is for you, Hank.

I guess Henrik has a lot of pull, eh? Wow. Stunned.

I've been saying it for months - Henke is the #2 guy in this organization after Sather. His pull goes that deep. This year was the last straw, if it was up to him it would have been done last offseason.

My guess, more changes are coming down the pipeline.

That's a guess?? New coach will almost dictate that changes will be made.

And all this Lindy Ruff talk makes me wonder how all of you pay so much attention to hockey yet not know any names besides the obvious. At this point I'm glad Mike Keenan has a job and Mark Messier's name has not come up. Yet. 20 year anniversary of 94 next year right? :amazed:

NYRKindms

Dec 16, 2009
WOW.

So I guess signing Hank to an extension is priority #1 for the club.

Sather better be next to get the axe. How anyone can spend their bosses money like a drunk sailor and not get taken to task is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad