Confirmed with Link: John Tortorella Has Been Fired and the subsequent coaching search

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGreatPenguino

Jul 4, 2012
Honestly surprised that you Rangers fans are surprised. Thought this was a long time coming. Good luck in the search though, you guys find the right coach with the talent you have, a Finals appearance will be imminent in the next 2-3 years.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
When did the NHL turn into the NBA? Country club atmosphere sucks and it's why we'll suck.

I don't think this is a "TORTS SUCKS" fire ... it's more of a wake up call to the players ... perhaps more of a "well you guys think the system isn't working ... fine ... this is the last straw .. you guys better win now."

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
on NHL live last night I heard Lindy Ruff was interviewing with some team but it wasn't the Rangers, I forgot which team...derp

NJRangers35

Apr 11, 2011
I am nervous how this will effect our defense. Will McDonagh, Girardi, and Stralman be as effective in another system? I also think this ends Richards and Boyle.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 2m
Lundqvist comments after season "changed everything," according to a source

Figured. Was pretty obvious the players were blocking him out. I'm glad Lundqvist took matters into his own hands.

RMcDonagh

New York Rangers Cup
Jul 4, 2007
Long Island, NY
Adios amigo.

Good coach, but his time was up. Coaches like that do not last. His style no longer worked. He was a complete *******. Time for a new era of Rangers hockey.

Will this make them good? Probably not. But it needed to be done. We'll see who is available for the job now.

By the way: Get rid of Mike Sullivan and Brad Richards too, PRONTO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad