Player Discussion: John Tavares- Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY
He was traded AFTER they realized they couldn't resign him kitten. All his words up to being traded were that he hoped to be back with the Rangers. Just goes to show you words mean nothing, any only the Cosmic Costigan really knows what will happen in the end. But you already knew I was going to respond this way....

And of course your reading comprehension scores are in the basement. I asked for links where Stamkos stated he was going to sign with Tampa all along, like you actually stated. That he never had any intention of signing with anyone else. Specifically something along the lines of "I was just waiting until the last minute because I was in no rush and I never entertained signing anywhere else". That's what you are implying aren't you?

Enjoy your holiday cutie pie.

Let me know about the 3 team trade or the sign and trade with Columbus. Would love to hear more before it happens

Little word of advice---sticking to semantics, when you have been basically proven wrong, is somewhat of an immature and childish trait. Perhaps something to work on

Last edited:

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY
Yeah, I mean I wouldn't say worse. It's just that earlier in the encyclopedia thing he was much more adamant about his desire to stay with the Isles. He would say things like my dream is to win a Stanley Cup with the Isles and return glory to the franchise etc, etc. Now, he usually states that he wants to win a cup, and he'd like to do that with the Isles. Just subtle differences and less adamant, that's all.

Just my perception, I mean i'm not about to open a thread saying that Tavares doesn't celebrate goals like he used too because of it, lol. Just something I've noticed, since I have a lifelong tendency of analyzing peoples' behavior and language and tone are usually a pretty good tip off to what someone is thinking.

My thoughts pretty much echo what the experts are saying. He's waiting to see what happens before he makes a decision and he's in know hurry. However, if you asked the same experts what they thought about JT signing two or three years ago, they said things like "He'll be a lifelong Islander". Nobody really says that anymore except fans. I even think one of the dynasty guys came out and said that about him. Not so much anymore...

Here's the link to what I believe is part 1 , the one I used to read before this one: Complete Encyclopedia of Tavares telling the Leafs to get lost [Updated 9/7/17]

You seem to always need proof?

Which "dynasty guy?"

Also your life long study of behavior. Where did you get your masters in linguistics?

Reactions: Svengoolie

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
Yeah, I mean I wouldn't say worse. It's just that earlier in the encyclopedia thing he was much more adamant about his desire to stay with the Isles. He would say things like my dream is to win a Stanley Cup with the Isles and return glory to the franchise etc, etc. Now, he usually states that he wants to win a cup, and he'd like to do that with the Isles. Just subtle differences and less adamant, that's all.

Just my perception, I mean i'm not about to open a thread saying that Tavares doesn't celebrate goals like he used too because of it, lol. Just something I've noticed, since I have a lifelong tendency of analyzing peoples' behavior and language and tone are usually a pretty good tip off to what someone is thinking.

My thoughts pretty much echo what the experts are saying. He's waiting to see what happens before he makes a decision and he's in know hurry. However, if you asked the same experts what they thought about JT signing two or three years ago, they said things like "He'll be a lifelong Islander". Nobody really says that anymore except fans. I even think one of the dynasty guys came out and said that about him. Not so much anymore...

Here's the link to what I believe is part 1 , the one I used to read before this one: Complete Encyclopedia of Tavares telling the Leafs to get lost [Updated 9/7/17]

also find interesting in a recent quote, he says " me personally trying to play to the level I want to play at to help this team get to the playoffs."

almost sounds as if he is distancing himself from the team, shouldn't it be "us" in the playoffs

regardless as I have always said, if they are announcing Belmont is a done deal and Tavares is unsigned a month later, you might as well trade him because there is no way he is going to re-sign, not sure if Tavares is just not having it in him to tell the Islanders he is not going to re-sign, but you have to take a message, is it better to watch Tavares walk in July for nothing while trying to make a run in the playoffs his heart is not going to be in anyway? or maybe get a first rounder and a decent prospect for him in February? I am guessing the latter

Reactions: stranger34

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
You seem to always need proof?

Which "dynasty guy?"

Also your life long study of behavior. Where did you get your masters in linguistics?

Pretty lonely on that throne their muffin. You have your opinion, I have mine. Funny how the folks that always argue about linguistics and semantics are the ones who do the worst job of explaining themselves. You got caught, and now you are blaming it on your inability to use the English language. That's maturity for you. I'm done with this conversation. I could go poke holes in cardboard boxes and it would be more rewarding than debating with someone who thinks they know the future. Have a blessed and prosperous holiday season twinklepuff.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
also find interesting in a recent quote, he says " me personally trying to play to the level I want to play at to help this team get to the playoffs."

almost sounds as if he is distancing himself from the team, shouldn't it be "us" in the playoffs

regardless as I have always said, if they are announcing Belmont is a done deal and Tavares is unsigned a month later, you might as well trade him because there is no way he is going to re-sign, not sure if Tavares is just not having it in him to tell the Islanders he is not going to re-sign, but you have to take a message, is it better to watch Tavares walk in July for nothing while trying to make a run in the playoffs his heart is not going to be in anyway? or maybe get a first rounder and a decent prospect for him in February? I am guessing the latter

Yeah, at least some people are savvy enough to pick up on the difference in his quotes now and his previous ones. At least I admit it could be nothing and am not so omnipotent to think that I know what the outcome would be. This is speculation, and I'm going to follow the hints I get just like these people that seem so self-assured are following the hints they get. It's still up in the air. Nobody can say for sure, as much as they want to turn blue and scream at the top of their lungs that they know the outcome.

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
So according to @NHLrumorsOT, JT is close to signing 8 yrs 84 mil. I assume these guys aren't legit.

Sorry idk how to embed.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
No way in hell he's accepting 10.5 per year

I think it's more like "No way in hell he's signing without having an arena to play in".... is 10.5 M / year a shabby deal?

He's a team guy who understands that the team needs money to sign other talent if they have cup aspirations. Look at Stamkos.....

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Maybe he's just tired of being asked the same question a million times a day? That would certainly impact a persons tone.

I really wish you would change your screen name to "Devil's Advocate" so we can cut out all haze.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
So according to @NHLrumorsOT, JT is close to signing 8 yrs 84 mil. I assume these guys aren't legit.

Sorry idk how to embed.

Let me help you:

Given the following...

• They have 335 followers
  • Are unverified
  • Don't think they've ever broker a legit story
  • Rarely if ever does anyone know Islander player transaction news more than an hour before it breaks
  • ...And it's almost always broken by Staple

...I strongly doubt this Tweet isn't anything more than a rabid NHL fan trying to be "in the know" and connecting the dots on the Belmont FRP being announced and Tavares seeming to wait on it before resigning.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Let me help you:

Given the following...

• They have 335 followers
  • Are unverified
  • Don't think they've ever broker a legit story
  • Rarely if ever does anyone know Islander player transaction news more than an hour before it breaks
  • ...And it's almost always broken by Staple

...I strongly doubt this Tweet isn't anything more than a rabid NHL fan trying to be "in the know" and connecting the dots on the Belmont FRP being announced and Tavares seeming to wait on it before resigning.

Then they posted this gem:

So, I'd say it's safe to say they don't know a thing.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
Then they posted this gem:

So, I'd say it's safe to say they don't know a thing.

The internet has given too many pseudo-insiders a voice - as nice as that deal would be, I smell Bull.

BTW - an 8 year deal for 84 Mill would give him an AAV of 10.25 NOT 10.50. Which I guess makes it even harder for some around here to believe.

Couldn't they still offer a deal where they offer "bonuses" that don't affect the cap so he winds up making 11+ a season?

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
The internet has given too many pseudo-insiders a voice - as nice as that deal would be, I smell Bull.

BTW - an 8 year deal for 84 Mill would give him an AAV of 10.25 NOT 10.50. Which I guess makes it even harder for some around here to believe.

Couldn't they still offer a deal where they offer "bonuses" that don't affect the cap so he winds up making 11+ a season?
Not that it matters, but 84/8 is 10.5. Bonuses count against the cap for the season after they are earned.

Lek

Nov 25, 2006
Raleigh
Just a thought.....If JT is really the guy everyone says he is....
Would just a sit down with him to ask...staying or going?....not generate an honest answer.
Would he not be the kind of person who would say, if he was leaving and nothing will make him stay.... that he was leaving no matter what?....
.....as in , it has nothing to do with this club and the peoples all of who i love dearly, but this is a change in life i need to make...and thus say......best to get for me what you can.
...just a thought?

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

Don't see why he'd settle for anything less than guaranteed money.

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY
Quick question, is the holiday trade freeze today or tomorrow? I was wondering if Belmont is announced at 11, and Tavares isn't re-signed by 11:30, are we going to be able to put together a 4 team deal with the Penguins, Rangers and Columbus, in which Tavares argees to a long term deal to facilitate a sign and trade?

LMK

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Quick question, is the holiday trade freeze today or tomorrow? I was wondering if Belmont is announced at 11, and Tavares isn't re-signed by 11:30, are we going to be able to put together a 4 team deal with the Penguins, Rangers and Columbus, in which Tavares argees to a long term deal to facilitate a sign and trade?

LMK
I'm sure Garth has that trade framework on a yellow legal pad sitting on top of his desk next to his Starbuck mochachino and a half eaten Entenmanns powdered donut.

Reactions: Costigan77
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce