John Tavares off to the worst start of his career

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
He's not as good as he once was but 80% of Tavares is still a great player. This is Toews all over again.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Wow. His value is lower than ever now!

Tavares for 2nd round pick, Rosen, and JvR. Just trust me, this is a good deal.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
His production has fallen in the past three years. Last year, Kadri numbers. Be be a brave (maybe foolish) GM that would sign him to a 7 year contract next summer.
I admit, he might not be in the best scenario as an Isle, but you have to look ahead what is going to be in 2022 not 2012.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Tavares at his best is a 75 to 85 pts a season player it wouldn't take much for him to become 60 to 70 point player. He is still an elite center and will be another 3 or 4 seasons once he leaves the Islanders

yea agreed , he's had 2 seasons at slightly above ppg game and another 2 seasons at about exactly ppg in his 8 seasons in the league and that's with the entire team revolving and catering to him

also if he goes to another team he could easily settle in at 60-70 pts without regressing simply because the entire team isn't dedicated to padding his stats

for the islanders fans sake i hope he lets mgmt know sooner rather than later if he's coming back so they can at least sell him to the highest bidder if he chooses to leave , i believe regardless of how that teams been run they've always treated him well and he owes at least this much to the team/fans

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Statistically, yeah, sure... But he’ll go have a few multi point games in the next week or two and be right back on pace.

John Tavares is one of the few guys you don’t worry about. He’s too good and works too hard.

RealRockNRolla

Oct 5, 2017
These are the types of threads that gets bumped in a couple of weeks time when Tavares goes on a tear.

It's just funny seeing the amount of threads on the main board about Player X is playing bad or What is up with Player X, 5 games into a season. I mean we could pick someone from every team at this rate and fit this narrative and agenda.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
hes just trying to lower his cap hit so he can sign anywhere he wants next year

Nick Hansen

Sep 28, 2017
If I was him I wouldn't stay the Islanders. Snow is just a perplexing GM. Makes a nice move, just to f*** it up with an awful move later on. Franchise is on a standstill.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
How is he playing?

All I saw were a bunch of stats which don't mean a ton considering

SAMPLE SIZE

That's the problem. Many defer to simply stats, which tell part of the story. However, if you actually watch the New York Islanders and more specifically Tavares, then you'd understand why certain people are questioning his effectiveness moving forward.

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
With everything wrong with the Islanders right now, it wouldn't surprise me if he's just mailing it in until he hits UFA.

Even if he scores only 40 points this year, some team is going to pay a king's ransom for him, and his numbers will likely improve when he goes to that team.

It's all a shame, really. The Islanders have a storied past, and their fans don't deserve this type of crap from upper management.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Tavares could put up 40 points this season and he would still be the most coveted, and best available free agent, this summer.

I will say if he doesn’t see the writing on the wall in Brooklyn he’s an idiot. He needs to get out of there.

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
Eberle is a boat anchor. Shell Of his former self. His teammates have to work harder when he’s on the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad