Sportsnet: John Shannon- Halak willing to waive no trade Clause

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Halak hasnt been great the last couple of starts but the team played terrible in front of him. He would still be a fantastic insurance policy and would actually do well if the starter gets injured and he has to be " the guy". Part of Halak's struggles has been mentioned that his starts in Van are few and far between as Demko has emerged into a franchise goalie but Halak would be the type that the more ice he sees the better he plays.

Interested to see what a return would be like? Guessing around 3rd or 4th

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
His numbers are ugly this year but he’s a good option for a veteran back up. Would be a good insurance policy for a playoff team looking to go deep.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
His numbers are ugly this year but he’s a good option for a veteran back up. Would be a good insurance policy for a playoff team looking to go deep.

Ya hes been bad post covid. Tough to really blame him though with getting only 3 starts in a month and usually playing on the back end of the back to backs.

I still think teams know what he can bring to the table and he would be a very reliable insurance

nucksauce

Oct 30, 2013
If we get anything of value it will be suprising. I like Halak and all but value isnt there, I dont see him getting picked up by a contender maybe if MAF does leave chicago Halak could find his way to there? Honeslty a 7th or future considerations would be fine he needs a fresh start and the Canucks need Spencer Martin on the roster.

Reactions: Holy Slapshot

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
He’s definitely not a primary backup option on a team trying to win anything but he’s fine as a nice veteran third string insurance policy. Expect the return to match the role.

Reactions: tyhee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad