Confirmed with Link: John Klingberg (50%) for '25 4th rounder, Sustr, Nesterenko

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think Boldy is just battling some bad puck luck. He's working hard and getting his shots. Eventually they will start going in.
I agree, but worry that he creativity is being stifled by playing with grinders. He and Fiala looked great together. I am really liking what I am seeing from Johansson, so far, but he has nowhere near the skill. Doesn’t look likely for this year, but I hope we can see Walker and/or Rossi playing with him next year. Walker needs a few pounds, Rossi I’m not sure, but they sure would make an interesting line offensively, especially with Boldy’s improved strength this year, and Walker’s speed and quickness.

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
I agree, but worry that he creativity is being stifled by playing with grinders. He and Fiala looked great together. I am really liking what I am seeing from Johansson, so far, but he has nowhere near the skill. Doesn’t look likely for this year, but I hope we can see Walker and/or Rossi playing with him next year. Walker needs a few pounds, Rossi I’m not sure, but they sure would make an interesting line offensively, especially with Boldy’s improved strength this year, and Walker’s speed and quickness.
100%

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
been good so far?
He’s in and out. With Middleton and Brodin out of the lineup, he sticks out in ways you don’t want.

Essentially what those outside of MN think Matt Dumba is. I’d rather have Dumba.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
He has been a good acquisition so far IMO, 4 points and +4 in 7 games, meaning even with his risky plays and turnovers, the team has been able to bail him out to keep them off the board. Merrill, Addison, and Goligoski all make similar amounts of brain off moments but don't have the offensive abilities to make up for it. We have been desperately missing a defenseman that can walk the line and give our forwards an additional second to win the net front battles.

He does scare me a bit in the playoffs, I think there is potential for him to completely blow up, but I also do see an opportunity for him to find a better middle ground to his game, he hasn't been bad decision making wise, just some execution errors here and there.

He is going to be seen as polarizing for sure though, he has more variance to his game than the rest of our D corps. If he can be matched up effectively, I think he can a pretty positive asset though, he unlocks a lot of additional scoring potential throughout the lineup, especially the depth players.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He has been a good acquisition so far IMO, 4 points and +4 in 7 games, meaning even with his risky plays and turnovers, the team has been able to bail him out to keep them off the board. Merrill, Addison, and Goligoski all make similar amounts of brain off moments but don't have the offensive abilities to make up for it. We have been desperately missing a defenseman that can walk the line and give our forwards an additional second to win the net front battles.

He does scare me a bit in the playoffs, I think there is potential for him to completely blow up, but I also do see an opportunity for him to find a better middle ground to his game, he hasn't been bad decision making wise, just some execution errors here and there.

He is going to be seen as polarizing for sure though, he has more variance to his game than the rest of our D corps. If he can be matched up effectively, I think he can a pretty positive asset though, he unlocks a lot of additional scoring potential throughout the lineup, especially the depth players.
I wonder, if he relaxes a bit, if he stops making some of the risky plays. What I've noticed is that he sometimes holds onto it too long(trying to make the perfect play?), and gets himself, and the team, in trouble.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad