Confirmed with Link: Johan Larsson (50% retained) to WSH for 2023 3rd round pick

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
So who's gonna score some goals for this team? Ovie and...?
1647888198916.gif

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Get ready for the playoffs by bringing in a guy who's never been in the playoffs. Can't blame him for that obviously, given that he's been playing with Buffalo and the Yotes. And he may be a diamond in the rough. But it's still weird that a guy with no playoff experience coming off a sports hernia is worth even a 3rd.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Get ready for the playoffs by bringing in a guy who's never been in the playoffs. Can't blame him for that obviously, given that he's been playing with Buffalo and the Yotes. And he may be a diamond in the rough. But it's still weird that a guy with no playoff experience coming off a sports hernia is worth even a 3rd.
I think we are looking for a beagle type player in him. Still expensive for an injured rental

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Beags has a 61.5% FO win % career and 56.5 this year. Larsson is 49.5 career and 46.5 this year

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
GMBM preparing for the next time Eller lands on the CoVID list I guess. :laugh:

Not sure where Larsson slots in. Dowd has been more than suitable in his job. Larsson is a useful role player, but I would seriously question if he's capable of taking over Eller's role going forwards (especially if they're hoping for any offense at all from their bottom six, which given their treatment of bottom six skill players and their reverence for defensive vets, may not be the case).

Reactions: max21

crab

Jan 26, 2019
Looking around found out he had sports hernia surgery early Feb. and is supposedly close to returning; we shall see...
lol this is getting even better. Their big acquisition not only was a 4th liner but he is injured and coming off of surgery. GMBM for the win.

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
This is a great pick up for you guys if healthy. Although I look at Washington and I ask why they need more bottom six options.
You summed it up nicely. We can only hope he is impactful, because the acquisition looks extremely uninspired.

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
You summed it up nicely. We can only hope he is impactful, because the acquisition looks extremely uninspired.

Unless the idea is to see if he pans out. If he does, maybe he's a cheaper Eller or a wing to push AJF for a 4W spot. And maybe it's the same idea with MoJo -- acquiring some low-cost vets with years left in the tank that we might keep around if the kids aren't fully cooked, or if we move the kids in trades or whatever else.

They're quality depth additions that might fit in well here. And if they don't, what have you lost? 3 picks that have little chance of ever playing a decent amount of NHL games? Oh no!

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Lucas Johansen, on a call up from Hershey, passes the puck to Johan Larson, who gives it back to Marcus Johansson… (who misses the wide open net 2 feet away from him…)

If that’s not enough reason for the trades I’m not sure what is.

We can even give them easy to remember nicknames. Jojo 1, Jojo 2 and Jojo 3.

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
Coyote fans love Larsson. They said he has strength and toughness..and can play mean if necessary. Has some puck skills. They hope the Coyotes sign him this summer.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
This move pushes AJF to 13th Forward for playoffs whlie giving us a center who can take play bottom 6 center if anyone goes down. Fits our style (especially 4th line) very well. Good savvy deadline move. And agree… like this better than MoJo deal although I like that one OK as well For balance and moving Sprong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad