Recalled/Assigned: Joey Anderson called up

Leafed

Jan 28, 2009
Has enough time passed since the last time they waived him that he'd need to pass through waivers to be sent down again? (Assuming this is not an emergency call up as this is likely due to Engvall's suspension)

EDIT: forgot about Robertson. Could be emergency recall

Last edited:

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
He's really on the bubble. Make or break time if he actually gets into a game now. He has to do something to get noticed.

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
I'm glad Anderson's the one to get the call. I feel like he's more than earned a stint with the big club. I'm expecting him to just get small minutes on the 4th line, but even that is something.

I'm hoping he can be memorable. Because we don't have an abundance of players like him in the system, NHL or AHL.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I had some hope of him panning out here closer to the initial days of the trade with NJ. Interested to see whether he receives a fighting chance or makes a name for himself this time around.

Reactions: banks

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
At what age do you go from Joey to Joe?
mid 50's?

1670613292260.png

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
He's not waiver exempt, so this is do or die for him. I was hoping for Steeves but Anderson deserves it based on his AHL dominance this season. He was horrible in camp so hopefully he seizes his opportunity this time.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
For Calgary on Saturday I was kinda hoping to see Clifford and Simmonds draw in. Last years game was kind of a blood bath

Reactions: fahad203

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
He's not waiver exempt, so this is do or die for him. I was hoping for Steeves but Anderson deserves it based on his AHL dominance this season. He was horrible in camp so hopefully he seizes his opportunity this time.

Waivers don’t scare many teams this year. Almost everyone is at the contract limit and the ones that aren’t will be using the limit as their trade deadline asset to facilitate a trade as the third team and get a free asset. Doubt there’s many who would waste that on a fringe prospect

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
I have never seen NHL potential in him when he has gotten his chances in call ups or preseason. Maybe as a guy who could fill in on the 4th line but never as someone who had real potential. For these reasons I would have much preferred to see Steeves get the call up.
But my viewings of him have been fairly limited and I would be very happy to be proven wrong.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Waivers don’t scare many teams this year. Almost everyone is at the contract limit and the ones that aren’t will be using the limit as their trade deadline asset to facilitate a trade as the third team and get a free asset. Doubt there’s many who would waste that on a fringe prospect
And ultimately really who cares. This is probably his last chance to prove something here. If he shows he can have an impact at the NHL level he probably doesn’t go back down. If he doesn’t at his age and with other guys pushing through he probably doesn’t get another chance and would be one of the top candidates to be moved to create a contract slot for Knies.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Maybe, maybe not, but Anderson should see it in his mind that he could get waived and claimed regardless. You never know what could happen so you gotta give it your all to control what you can. Plus the Leafs seem to get more waiver claims put on them than other teams.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Why are the Leafs giving seemingly every Marlie on the bubble a shot this year? Like they don't normally do this, they normally call up 1 or 2 of the same guys.

Are they assessing the depth for a playoff run? Are they preparing for a big trade and want to know what they have first?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad