Speculation: Joel Bouchard coming to the Habs org? 98.5fm

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
It can only be explained by the actions of an ownership group that is itself even more inept than the GM is and which, through its anointed rep. Geoff, has dealt with it via a longstanding production of smoke and mirrors and rubber-stamping. A pure triumph of form over substance.

I was wondering about you since I didn't notice any posts from you last night during the game. How are things going? Hopefully you're starting to feel better. Good to see you occasionally visiting here.

Reactions: groovejuice

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
So according to JdM, the Habs have made an offer to Bouchard to join the organization. They don't know what position they offered but the ball is now in Bouchard's court on if he accepts or not. It'll obviously come after his year with Armada is done.

As has been mentioned in this thread before, MB has met with Bouchard a few times and Ducharme has also met with Bouchard in hopes to convince him.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
we can basically confirme that Bouchard is coming in the MTL organisation

It's all but confirmed. But until it is official, I will have that small inkling of doubt. Not that I'm afraid another team will snatch him. Because if he goes pro, I'm sure it's with Montreal. My little worry is that he will choose to remain in Junior and the spot in Montreal will be given to someone else and everyone moves on.

However, if Habs do bring in Ducharme and Bouchard in the same off-season they fired Lefebvre, Daigneault, Lacroix, and Dudley departing, it is a bunch of positives in the hockey ops department so far.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
It's all but confirmed. But until it is official, I will have that small inkling of doubt. Not that I'm afraid another team will snatch him. Because if he goes pro, I'm sure it's with Montreal. My little worry is that he will choose to remain in Junior and the spot in Montreal will be given to someone else and everyone moves on.

However, if Habs do bring in Ducharme and Bouchard in the same off-season they fired Lefebvre, Daigneault, Lacroix, and Dudley departing, it is a bunch of positives in the hockey ops department so far.

I think he would take the job ! Bouchard, like everybody, want to be a NHL GM and he know that MB job is all but not secured and if he is the Assistant GM of the Habs, he will be the candidate so it’s the best opportunity for him !

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal

It's indeed a great start to the off season
A few big moves (UFA and trades) combined with a great draft weekend and we should be alright going forward
Looks like management/ownership has finally woke up (a little anyways)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I think he would take the job ! Bouchard, like everybody, want to be a NHL GM and he know that MB job is all but not secured and if he is the Assistant GM of the Habs, he will be the candidate so it’s the best opportunity for him !

I think if they offer him Carrière's spot, it will be clear they'll be grooming him to be MB's successor.

And much like Julien grooming Ducharme to be the next coach, both CJ and MB can look at from their POV that these are their replacements, but it won't come with the fear of being fired, but more with the plan that they will then be moved to other positions within the organization.

CJ can maybe become a consultant/eye-in-the-sky and MB becoming president of hockey ops.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
It's indeed a great start to the off season
A few big moves (UFA and trades) combined with a great draft weekend and we should be alright going forward
Looks like management/ownership has finally woke up (a little anyways)[/QUOTE]

I will adjust my seating position from slouch to attentive once the head of the snake is finally removed and hopefully that happens after July 1st.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I think if they offer him Carrière's spot, it will be clear they'll be grooming him to be MB's successor.

And much like Julien grooming Ducharme to be the next coach, both CJ and MB can look at from their POV that these are their replacements, but it won't come with the fear of being fired, but more with the plan that they will then be moved to other positions within the organization.

CJ can maybe become a consultant/eye-in-the-sky and MB becoming president of hockey ops.

yeah but a things ! with Bouchard and Ducharme, Bergevin and Julien will look better ! especially Bergevin because with Bouchard the development will be really really good so, Bergevin will look better when the youngs player will be better

FinnHab

May 24, 2006
overseas...
Looks like Bouchard share same taste with ugly suits like our teflon Marc. Hopefully his hockey management skills are very different level than MB. It cant be worse actually.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land

I haven't noticed any news on the rest of the AHL staff but was Lefebvre the only one fired from Laval? Are the rest of Lefebvre's staff still employed as of right now? If so I guess once a new coach is hired he'll hopefully bring in his own staff if the old staff is still currently employed. Julien didn't seem to have this choice so I'm not sure the new coach in Laval will either.

The Habs should've completely cleaned house in Laval and brought in an entirely new management team to run things. Larry Carrière is now 66 years old so he should do everyone a favor and just retire, go home and enjoy his life. Oh and Larry. Take your son with you when you go as well please..

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
If he does indeed become the assistant GM, can we now affirm that Bergevin's role if different than it was last year?

It looks like he won't be doing the GM work as much by himself anymore. Without being a demotion, it could mean that Bergevin's role is now different and more centered around collective decisions. But that's all hypothetical of course, lets see where Bouchard ends up first.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I haven't noticed any news on the rest of the AHL staff but was Lefebvre the only one fired from Laval? Are the rest of Lefebvre's staff still employed as of right now? If so I guess once a new coach is hired he'll hopefully bring in his own staff if the old staff is still currently employed. Julien didn't seem to have this choice so I'm not sure the new coach in Laval will either.

The Habs should've completely cleaned house in Laval and brought in an entirely new management team to run things. Larry Carrière is now 66 years old so he should do everyone a favor and just retire, go home and enjoy his life. Oh and Larry. Take your son with you when you go as well please..

Yes they kept the assistant coaches in place. Lefebvre was the only one fired. MB said he will let the next coach decide if he wants to keep them or bring his own staff in.

He did the same thing with Therrien. When MB was hired, he fired Cunneyworth but left all of the assistant coaches in place and said he will let the new coach make the decision. Therrien came in and brought his own people in.

Reactions: sheed36

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I hope really hope that Joel Bouchard will convainc Bergevin to hire Stéphane Pilotte in the place of Churla. Pilotte is so a stud ! As GM of Val d’Or, he won 1 president cup and he lost one time in final. After he’s been 1 years assistant GM of Gatineau and they won the president Cup for after go help Bouchard with the Armada. He’s know a scout for the Ducks since 6 years..

Elite Prospects - Stéphane Pilotte Team Staff Profile

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
It does feel like once Bouchard's series is over, he likely has secured a job with the organization. The Habs signing two well-established, successful hockey guys in Ducharme and Bouchard would be an excellent start to an off-season with lots of promise in being able to significantly change the present and future of the organization. Excited times!

Reactions: le_sean

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Yes they kept the assistant coaches in place. Lefebvre was the only one fired. MB said he will let the next coach decide if he wants to keep them or bring his own staff in.

He did the same thing with Therrien. When MB was hired, he fired Cunneyworth but left all of the assistant coaches in place and said he will let the new coach make the decision. Therrien came in and brought his own people in.

the new coach will probable bring his assistant to

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
I wonder if they even bothered looking outside Que for all their new help, pitiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad