Speculation: Joel Bouchard coming to the Habs org? 98.5fm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I also mentioned this in the Bergevin thread. I don't know where Langlois got this info as he's the only one who's said it so far. Everyone else has pretty much just shred their opinion that Bouchard and Ducharme should be hired by Habs. But Langlois is the only one who has said it as some kind of inside info.

Whether his info is legit or not, bringing in Bouchard and Ducharme is the smart thing to do.

For me, Ducharme should be coach of Laval and Bouchard as Laval GM and as one of MB's Assistant GM's (as most AHL GM's also pull double duty as NHL Assistant GM's).

And I get the sense that if Bouchard does indeed join the Habs organization, Ducharme will follow suit as they have a very good working relationship.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I also mentioned this in the Bergevin thread. I don't know where Langlois got this info as he's the only one who's said it so far. Everyone else has pretty much just shred their opinion that Bouchard and Ducharme should be hired by Habs. But Langlois is the only one who has said it as some kind of inside info.

Whether his info is legit or not, bringing in Bouchard and Ducharme is the smart thing to do.

For me, Ducharme should be coach of Laval and Bouchard as Laval GM and as one of MB's Assistant GM's (as most AHL GM's also pull double duty as NHL Assistant GM's).

And I get the sense that if Bouchard does indeed join the Habs organization, Ducharme will follow suit as they have a very good working relationship.
This could be a good move for the Habs........what about Rick Dudley? Isn't the current asst GM? If it means Sly is done in Laval, this could be great!

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Bouchard and Ducharme have to with Habs next season in someway.

Ducharme head coach in Laval.

Bouchard has asst. GM or defence coach in mtl?

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Let us pray

tenor.gif

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
This could be a good move for the Habs........what about Rick Dudley? Isn't the current asst GM? If it means Sly is done in Laval, this could be great!

Martin Leclerc had an article a few days ago talking about how Dudley is 69 years old and Carriere is 66. And he felt like Bergevin can benefit from bringing in some new blood to help with some fresh ideas. I agree with both.

WG

Sep 9, 2008

I hope you are right. Given the internal constraints the team has placed upon itself, I'd like them to actually have something of a succession plan in place with credible people.

Can you imagine if Julien decided right now he's had enough of coaching and he was going to just retire? Who would we get? Sly? JJD? Roy? Therrible V. 3.0?

[MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
This team needs a guy like Ducharme who could help in the AHL for a couple years with our younger guys then be in position to take over for Julien once he's fired in the future.

Tampa had success with Cooper starting off in the AHL with some of their young guys, Boston has had success hiring Cassidy after being with their AHL team.. time to hire an up and coming coach to take over in the future so we don't keep hiring dinosaurs like Therrien/Julien.

Reactions: S Bah

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
I think Laval will have some changes but I have this bad feeling Sly will be promoted to take JJ position lol

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
Did not have a chance to listen to the interview, but isn't it just speculation from Langlois part? anyways, hope it happens.

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
I hope you are right. Given the internal constraints the team has placed upon itself, I'd like them to actually have something of a succession plan in place with credible people.

Can you imagine if Julien decided right now he's had enough of coaching and he was going to just retire? Who would we get? Sly? JJD? Roy? Therrible V. 3.0?

[MOD]
Don't worry Therrien isn't coming back. But Alain Vigneault is probably getting canned at the end of the year so...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad