Speculation: Joe Thornton to Vegas?

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
And that just confirms that Kurz was pretty much stirring the pot here. He never went out of his way to use his resources to check whether or not this actually made sense; he just brought it up because he knew it would get a rise out of Sharks fans.

> unsourced speculation presented vaguely as sourced rumor on UFA day
> immediately disproven... by himself
> why didn't he look at sources before

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Tom Brady is a literal god in New England, so I think people would be frustrated but get over it. Joe Thornton is not comparable to Tom Brady.

I mean, he also mentioned David Ortiz who is not quite on par with Brady, so I think the idea was more “superstar athlete who is beloved in one town” and less “Joe Thornton is comparable to Tom Brady.”

Reactions: zombie kopitar

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
I mean, he also mentioned David Ortiz who is not quite on par with Brady, so I think the idea was more “superstar athlete who is beloved in one town” and less “Joe Thornton is comparable to Tom Brady.”
Yeah I mean dan Marino, ray Bourque etc. The point stands that not only do fans not want to see their rafter player go to a division rival, it’s more or less a code in sports. We want to root for them still, but team fandom usually comes first.
I mean imagine how bruins fans would feel if Bourque had won the cup in Montreal instead of Colorado. I’m completely indifferent to both teams and I even want to puke a little of that thought
It’s asinine to think otherwise so I’m not gonna respond to that essay tryin to defend the premise.

Anyway, yeah Kurz sucks, I think non sharks fans might get it after his last tweet lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad