Joe Thornton suspended 1 game for headshot on Nosek (title updated)

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Well, there's no arguing against this one. Clearest head contact there is. Suspension definitely incoming

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
Some of you are being kind by saying 1 game. That has to be at least 2, probably 3-4. It’s a terrible hit.
seems like the precedent's been set that 2 regular season games = 1 postseason.. for whatever reason

that's 2 all day if it happens in january

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
These playoffs seem to have some pretty dirty plays.

I wonder if it is mostly to do with the divisional matchups and teams playing each other so often from one year to the next or if this is due to officiating or just an outlier.

Reactions: goflyakite

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Why does this guy have a reputation of being some sort of nice guy? He engages in this sort of behavior somewhat frequently.

Anyone remember the hit this scumbag put on Perron about 8 years ago that knocked him out for roughly a calendar year? If they wanna get serious about these headshots, then start suspending these players for the remainder of the postseason if they have prior history of doing them.

Reactions: Calgarybrutalist

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
I think that SHOULD be 3 games but I would assume he gets 1 maybe 2.

Quite dirty, I thought he tried to get out of the way till I saw the reverse angle and he gave him a little bit as he passed.

Lack of injury might save him.

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
That was the most unintended, incidental contact that could result in such a play. Thornton even shows same by trying to shrug away from the hit...there is no way there's a desire for Thornton to make a huge hit, or even a chance to. With that combo.

I don't follow the team/matchup situtations at all, so know nothing. But that's just not a plce/time you do anything, and it looks like he tries to step away from a play that happens in front of him...he's not lining anyone up.

Maybe. Whatever. Ultimately, only thing we can do is hope all the players get paid enough to face the moronic or accidental things that happen to them, and will eventually cause a few deaths. Harder being a fan every year, fastest and most brutal sport, I love it still and play myself year round but it is simply quite dangerous. Fastest players...body contact is allowed...and no throttle on any of it really.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
The DOS is gonna be busy as hell.

Like, apparently, every day these playoffs has had a dicey moment (this, Kadri, Kucherov)

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
That was the most unintended, incidental contact that could result in such a play. Thornton even shows same by trying to shrug away from the hit...there is no way there's a desire for Thornton to make a huge hit, or even a chance to. With that combo.

I don't follow the team/matchup situtations at all, so know nothing. But that's just not a plce/time you do anything, and it looks like he tries to step away from a play that happens in front of him...he's not lining anyone up.
this is why jumbo has made it so long without garnering a reputation

a master of "accidentally on purpose"

Reactions: Seventyx7

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad