Confirmed with Link: Joe Thornton announces retirement from NHL

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Part of the reason why I joined these forums (well, the SJSharks official forum before it imploded and I ended up here) was because of Joe Thornton and the amount of hype for having such an elite superstar playing for the team I love the most. Watching him in his prime was a privilege unlike any other.

My biggest regret was not being able to see him skate off the ice one last time in a Sharks uniform due to COVID and fans not being able to attend games at the time. But I did go to the Marleau Alumni game and that's close enough for me.

Last edited:

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Godspeed Jumbo. One of the things I admired most about Jumbo is that he could have easily scored 35-40 goals a year in his prime, he proved that with the Bruins, but he used his elite size, strength and skill to help others score instead. A selfless superstar on and off the ice.

CJL182

Oct 9, 2008
Of course he announces it without a shirt, attaboy. Love you Jumbo, looking forward to seeing 19 go up to the rafters next year. If Patty doesn't get into the HHOF in his first year of eligibility, he and Jumbo could potentially be in the same class. I love Patty and am confident he'll eventually get in thanks to the record, but I'm not sure he gets in first ballot with how the media is. Jumbo should be a first ballot HOFer.

karltonian

Jan 1, 2023
Of course he announces it without a shirt, attaboy. Love you Jumbo, looking forward to seeing 19 go up to the rafters next year. If Patty doesn't get into the HHOF in his first year of eligibility, he and Jumbo could potentially be in the same class. I love Patty and am confident he'll eventually get in thanks to the record, but I'm not sure he gets in first ballot with how the media is. Jumbo should be a first ballot HOFer.
there would be something poetic for them to be 1st and 2nd ballot in the same class

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
not gonna post one of your Sir Joesph of Passington copypastas?
I can't at the moment. I'm just on my tablet as i lay here and try to not cough my lungs out all over the place. Maybe later when in can sit upright for a bit and then on my computer so I can type more properly.

Last edited:

Bowie22

blow it up
Jul 20, 2012
Santa Clara, CA
Who put these onions here

giphy.webp

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
I’ve been a fan of this team from day 1. I’ve supported and cheered on every game.
When they announced this on the broadcast I screamed out loud!! To get to see Jumbo Joe in a teal sweater is simply one of the greatest things about the Sharks.
It was a pleasure to see him play. I hope he remains with the team that he embraced and led.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad