Player Discussion Jimmy Vesey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Our 2nd and 3rd lines are going to be interchangeable, much like in 2013-14.

They depth is there to have 4 very effective lines, 3 lines that can score consistently.

If the defense can bounce back...

SRTtoZ

Apr 3, 2010
New York, NY
Awesome news going into the season, lets see what he can do to help. Not sure what team he was a fan of growing up but being able to choose the team you want to go to and not your hometown one is weird, but who knows, maybe he was a Boston Rangers fan :D

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Kreider - Stepan - Nash
Miller - Zbad - Buch
Vesey - Hayes - Zucc
Grabner - Jooris - Fast

Just got to add a top 4 RD.

I see zucc and Buch switched. But can understand breaking the lines up.

I also agree with that 4th line. Gerbe as the 13th. Jensen as the 14th.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Zuccarello is worth than one season of Shattenkirk. The Rangers have no desire to pay Shattenkirk long-term.

I love Shatty, but unless we're willing to pay him it makes no sense to acquire him.

Now, what we should all be hoping Gorton can do is find the next Stralman. A guy who can be had for peanuts who is a step away from being a solid top 4 guy.

Can Clendenning or Paliotta be that guy? Who knows.

However, I really think the staff is counting on Girardi to at least bounce back to respectability. I think that and Staal gettting back to form is what they're counting on. Perhaps a month or two into the season if that doesn't happen we will see a move for the D.

nsvoyageurs

Jun 5, 2012
NS Canada
I'm glad he signed with the Rangers as it is a free asset (costs only money, no assets, i.e. prospects and/or draft picks). Gives the organization more depth.

But the team still needs high high skill forwards, and this kid doesn't project to be one of those. Useful 3rd liner right now; maybe a 2nd liner in time.

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
Didn't expect this to happen before the last few days frenzy. Fantastic, love our forwards...now the defense needs fixing. Seriously barring mass injuries if Glass puts on a Rangers sweater this season I'll cry.

NYRSchrute217

Oct 28, 2008
Assuming we'll see

Kreider-Stepan-Zuccarello
Nash-Zibanejad-Miller
Buchnevich-Hayes-Vesey
Grabner-Jooris-Fast

Lindberg on IR. Extras are Jensen, Gerbe and Hrivik. Glass to the minors.

Forward group looks very solid, and very deep. You have 4 options to step in now in the event of injuries.

KingWantsCup

#FightLikeHell
Jul 3, 2009
New Jersey
200_s.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad