Speculation: Jimmy Vesey II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
i think Vesey signs with the Golden Seals

Those white skates are really cool makes me think of Dorothy Hamel and Peggy Fleming

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
I think Vesey should go to Chicago to win it all baby !!!!! Whooooohooooooo

Absolutely. If he's as great as you say,he may be the piece. The Bruins are a work in progress,Chicago is already there. I don't know how many Massachusetts kids have been quite happy in other places.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Absolutely. If he's as great as you say,he may be the piece. The Bruins are a work in progress,Chicago is already there. I don't know how many Massachusetts kids have been quite happy in other places.

I said he's real good. I asked two folks who are paid to watch him and both project as legit second line high character guy.

we rarely agree so I get it you think he should go, not me

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
If Chicago or the Bruins called me on my first contract right now,I'd be heading for Chicago. Isn't the goal to win a cup,especially when all else is equal?

Cup is definitely a goal, but for someone like Vesey who wants to set himself up for his second contract, I'd be leary of going to the Hawks. Last thing I'd want as a player in his position after putting all this time and effort into being able to choose my destination, is to sign with Chicago, then get my RFA rights traded after my ELC because that's been their MO lately due to cap difficulties.

Chicago has a lot of positives, but that's a HUGE negative, especially for someone like Vesey if you ask me.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
I still think Buffalo is in the box seat with Eichel, I really do, the fact they are already building chemistry in the Foxboro league is further driving this home to me. 1 outside team I am very wary of is the Rangers. No pressure there, Kevin Hayes connection, playing at MSG etc, I think they will pitch him hard and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if the Rags snatch him from under everyones noses. I think the current order is

Buffalo
Bruins

Toronto

Rangers as the wild card.

I dont think Chicago is a threat purely based on geographical location alone, if Vesey is true to what he said then he doesn't want to move out West.

I've said this since the draft but I think Sweeney is waiting for the Vesey situation to be done with before the dominos fall, if Vesey signs I think Spooner is 100% out the door to Ottawa in a deal to hopefully nab Ceci or he is part of a package to get Shattenkirk. Backes moves to 3C permanently and we go from there.

If Vesey doesn't sign then I think this is the squad we go into the season with, and a trade for a Dman will be made sometime in the season when we see where our prospects are at after Training Camp, if a few crack the roster then Sweeney has options with some players. Vesey is the key here in my opinion. Once he signs somewhere, things will start happening.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

If we think some people in Boston feel Julien is too hard on kids, they should see how Chicago fans feel about Quinville's treatment of their young players.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
I said he's real good. I asked two folks who are paid to watch him and both project as legit second line high character guy.

we rarely agree so I get it you think he should go, not me

Kirk had his ceiling much,much higher. Maybe it happens,but I don't think it's possible in the next 2 years for him to be a high end second line winger on a true contender. My issue is with people penciling him in next year on Krejci's wing,I mean,WTF! If he gets 20 games there and has 10-15 points,I'll bow down.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Kirk had his ceiling much,much higher. Maybe it happens,but I don't think it's possible in the next 2 years for him to be a high end second line winger on a true contender. My issue is with people penciling him in next year on Krejci's wing,I mean,WTF! If he gets 20 games there and has 10-15 points,I'll bow down.

Vesey - Krejci - Pastrnak

You know you want to see it :pickle:

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore

Who else are you putting on Krejci's wing though?

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

Well, if he signs with the B's he'd be out of a job since there are 85 blue chip prospects just bursting through the system. Only a matter of time before Jesse Gabrielle takes his job away.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
If Chicago or the Bruins called me on my first contract right now,I'd be heading for Chicago. Isn't the goal to win a cup,especially when all else is equal?

Really? Not me. I'd accept the Bruins offer on the spot and then do back flips off of my kitchen table.

Would take something catastrophic for me to pass something like that up.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Well, if he signs with the B's he'd be out of a job since there are 85 blue chip prospects just bursting through the system. Only a matter of time before Jesse Gabrielle takes his job away.
At the risk of saying something I may later regret...

Jimmy Vesey might be the better player right now, but in the long-term, I'd rather have Danton Heinen.

I'm sure we could make room for both, though. :laugh:

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI

Team is so loaded for 2020 we'll be able to finally trade/waive/cut everyone over 28 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad