GDT: Jimmy Hayes Plays - New Jersey Devils at New York Rangers 7PM MSG+, MSG2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoiled Bratt

Jun 29, 2016
Yeah, let's fire a coach who kept Bratt, Hischier, Butler, Santini, Mueller, etc on his roster since day #1 and managed to be in the hunt for the division lead, in one of the best divisions in hockey no less, after the 1st quarter of the year... just because Pavel Zacha can't get his shit together.

Some would rather see Zacha play then having the team at the top of the division... that's just great!

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
Yeah, let's fire a coach who kept Bratt, Hischier, Butler, Santini, Mueller, etc on his roster since day #1 and managed to be in the hunt for the division lead, in one of the best divisions in hockey no less, after the 1st quarter of the year... just because Pavel Zacha can't get his **** together.

Some would rather see Zacha play then having the team at the top of the division... that's just great!

They all played their way onto the roster and are young and hungry.
Hynes is a buffoon who only looks good because of the on-ice talent we have. He has nothing to do with being at the top of the division. With even a mediocre coach we'd be doing much better. What type of moron ices the PP units we do? And don't even get me started on the lines he ices when defending a lead with less than a minute or two left.
We're not a team that is well-coached and therefore performing well. We're a team that is performing well despite being coached like shit. A lot of our losses or blown leads can easily be pinned on our incompetent coaching staff.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Hayes was pretty good last night so I would be surprised if he sits.

I would sit Stafford for Zacha, and consider Zajac too honestly, but I don’t think there will be a lineup change.

In reality while I would prefer him in over Stafford, Zacha has not been that great either so I don’t think there would be a huge change in the quality of play in a move like that.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I'd be willing to bet Zacha draws in if for no other reason than for Hynes to bench him again and scratch him in the following 4 or 5 games.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Travis is shockingly 21 out of 24 Devils in possession. That's got to change quickly

He's holding around 55% in faceoffs (54.7) though

He's only been back for a little more than three weeks, so it should be taken into consideration that he is still in September form.

Lateralous

Jun 17, 2003
Abington, PA
Visit site
I hope they give Zacha an extended look at wing before Hynes give up on him. He seems a little paralyzed at C probably overthinking things but the points started to come last year when he was freed up and switched to wing. Nothing wrong with him becoming a power wing instead of the big center we all originally hoped for

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
Zacha in, stafford out. Centering noesen and Johansson. Zajac with gibbons and wood. Coleman-Boyle-hayes

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
Hynes is a buffoon who only looks good because of the on-ice talent we have. He has nothing to do with being at the top of the division. With even a mediocre coach we'd be doing much better. What type of moron ices the PP units we do? And don't even get me started on the lines he ices when defending a lead with less than a minute or two left.
We're not a team that is well-coached and therefore performing well. We're a team that is performing well despite being coached like ****. A lot of our losses or blown leads can easily be pinned on our incompetent coaching staff.
He's doing a good job overall... Some questionable decisions at time, but same can be said for all coaches. I like that today he's moving zajac down.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
We're not a team that is well-coached and therefore performing well. We're a team that is performing well despite being coached like ****. A lot of our losses or blown leads can easily be pinned on our incompetent coaching staff.

I always love people who won't give the coach ANY credit whatsoever for anything right with the team but then criticizes him for all the things that are wrong with the team

and this is coming from someone who couldnt care either way about Hynes

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I want Zacha in the lineup but rearranging 3 lines to do it seems ridiculous to me.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
Since Kinkaid seems to allow goals very quickly this year, let's play a fun over-under game on how long it takes the Rangers to score their first goal.

O/U -- 3.5 shots
O/U -- 3.5 minutes
Those goals have either been deflections right in front, or misplays where he's screened by 3 of our own guys. He's fine, minus his Arizona game
Paging @Bleedred on this one.

I'm hoping this serves as a jinx post.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
They literally just piecemealed 2/3rds of the lineup to squeeze Zacha in.

I am honestly not not sure what is worse...
him sitting or tinkering with the entire lineup just to get him in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad