Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
@glenwo2 - Win or Else!

New Jersey Devils @ New York Rangers @ MSG
7:00 PM, MSG+, MSG2
Game 29

What do you do when you've won 1 Stanley Cup in 80 years and your roster is boring and old? You try to beat up on an expansion franchise and feel good about yourself. Good luck Rangers because Jimmy > Kevin, and aint no Pavel Zacha DREW STAFFORD on the ice tonight.

I know, I know.

Celebration-of-Light-Australia.jpg

To be fair, Hynes will address the media at 4:45, so maybe your wildest dreams will come true and PZ37 will be in the game. Follow Amanda Stein's Twitter for updates. UPDATE: OG PZ is IN the game. Stafford out! Zajac demoted. OMG OMG OMG!

Stolen Gif from the 10/14 Devils Rangers GDT. Uhh... I mean... good luck charm!

Projected Line ups:

New Jersey Devils

16-8-4

Hall-Hischier-Bratt
Johansson-Zacha-Noesen
Gibbons-Zajac-Wood
Coleman-Boyle-Hayes

31srJMZMx-L._SY445_.jpg
31srJMZMx-L._SY445_.jpg

31srJMZMx-L._SY445_.jpg
31srJMZMx-L._SY445_.jpg

31srJMZMx-L._SY445_.jpg
31srJMZMx-L._SY445_.jpg

Greene-Severson
Moore-Vatanen
Butcher-Lovejoy

Kinkaid
Schneider

New York Rangers

15-11-2

Kreider - Desharnais - Buchnevich
Nash (A) - Hayes - Fast
Grabner - Miller - Zuccarello (A)
Vesey - Nieves - Carey

Lundqvist
Pavelec

Don't take these lines as gospel, the guy that posted the Rangers's GDT didn't even know where the game was going to be, so might be Pavelec. Who knows?

Let's Go Devils!

Last edited:

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
Needs to be a W, simple as that. Make it happen, and this is a successful week.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Jimmy Hayes had one of his best games of the season last night, not really the ideal time to do the Zacha must play and Hayes must be benched meme.

However, if you're up for sending a message to Drew Stafford........

Reactions: iMissKovy

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Jimmy Hayes had one of his best games of the season last night, not really the ideal time to do the Zacha must play and Hayes must be benched meme.

However, if you're up for sending a message to Drew Stafford........

That's... not what I was going for. Hayes did have a great game last night, and he's playing his brother tonight, so I was trying to pimp him out a bit. But I'm not really good at GDTs soooo... :-/

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
That's... not what I was going for. Hayes did have a great game last night, and he's playing his brother tonight, so I was trying to pimp him out a bit. But I'm not really good at GDTs soooo... :-/

I see, sorry, I didnt get it. I think my confusion is due to the fact 25% of all posters here seem to want Zacha to play over anyone not named Hall, Bratt, or Hirschier.

Reactions: Blackjack

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
How has Vatanen been for you guys? Also, Hank played last night, so I would expect Pavelec tonight.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Zacha not playing on a back to back? It definitely sounds personal.

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
How has Vatanen been for you guys? Also, Hank played last night, so I would expect Pavelec tonight.
I've liked him. They are putting him in more of a defensive role playing on top pair. Aren't putting him in situations to tap into his offense very much - which imo isn't what the devils need. That would explain why I saw the phrase 'invisible' a couple posts above in response to your inquiry. He has been solid in spite of greene looking terrible the past handful of games (thus certainly not doing much to help the pairing). Vatanen has been quick in moving the puck once he gets it in the dzone and fairly effective at separating guys from the puck as well. Playing on the second pp unit as too - would like to see him shoot it more there. But part of that may be he is playing the top of the umbrella as opposed to one timer spot at top of the circle.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Vatanen is getting plenty of offensive opportunity.

He's starting in the offensive zone 55.6 of the time at even strength and he's getting top unit PP time

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Pretty well. You can see he has all the tools to be a decent #3/#4 defenseman. Solid on the outlet pass too, which is now an almost required skill on D in "today's NHL".
His strong outlet pass is definitely noticeable. That should be a big addition to this team. Moore and Greene sure as heck can't help in that department.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Since Kinkaid seems to allow goals very quickly this year, let's play a fun over-under game on how long it takes the Rangers to score their first goal.

O/U -- 3.5 shots
O/U -- 3.5 minutes

Paging @Bleedred on this one.

I'm hoping this serves as a jinx post.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
I see, sorry, I didnt get it. I think my confusion is due to the fact 25% of all posters here seem to want Zacha to play over anyone not named Hall, Bratt, or Hirschier.

The only way it's acceptable for Zacha not to play is if he replaces Hynes on the bench. At this point a monkey could do a better job coaching than Hynes.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
If Zajac or Stafford play over Zacha tonight after that embarssing loss last night, which Zajac was a HUGE part of and Stafford did nothing to help the team try and come back from, then Hynes is officially a problem and stunting this kids development, and him and Geoff Ward and Nasreddine need to be gone at the end of the season.

Tired of the contradictory bullshit about holding players accountable, tired of watching a floundering PP being infested by bottom 6 players. And we aren't even 30 games in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad