Post-Game Talk: Jets win in OT 5-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Pomo leaving hurt wheels the most.
Scheif obviously shocked as only real pro coach he had outside of a handful of Claude Noel games but I got the sense 55 was ready to move on from Maurice

Believe the comment was about bones actually calling Mark in the off season to see how he was and Mark said something like that was nice cuz a coach never did that before. Just 1 of many little.... 1 + 1 = 55 ready to move on

Snowboy

Oct 12, 2013
The evidence would suggest that Scheifele didn’t see eye to eye with Maurice. He made some very revealing comments during camp this year that seemed to indicate he was very happy with the coaching change.
.....and what were the revealing comments about PoMo. Saying he was happy with the change is standard practise.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
.....and what were the revealing comments about PoMo. Saying he was happy with the change is standard practise.
He said things along the lines that it was nice having a coach who communicated with you, also it was nice to have the team know what they were supposed to do on the ice. I don't think Mark was a very happy camper under Maurice.

Reactions: surixon

Snowboy

Oct 12, 2013
He said things along the lines that it was nice having a coach who communicated with you, also it was nice to have the team know what they were supposed to do on the ice. I don't think Mark was a very happy camper under Maurice.
Ok........It's just that both Shelf and Wheels were PoMo's favourite sons for so long, that this board continually complained about their anointed status, Now I'm hearing the opposite often, I believe some sour grapes may be at play because of his unexpected departure.......just my opinion, but it's all conjecture.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Ok........It's just that both Shelf and Wheels were PoMo's favourite sons for so long, that this board continually complained about their anointed status, Now I'm hearing the opposite often, I believe some sour grapes may be at play because of his unexpected departure.......just my opinion, but it's all conjecture.
The favourite sons thing, wasn't really a thing. Just HF Boards made up stuff based on ice time. Maurice always leans heavy on his top players. Both Barkov and Tkachuk get well over 20 minutes a night under Maurice. Wheeler is on record saying he liked Maurice, I don't believe Scheifele ever said anything publicly about Maurice, while he has made several positive public comments about Bones.

Here's a quote from Scheifele from early in the season:

"I'm not going to lie, that was a good win in my books. Pretty happy with that one. At the end of the day, we've moved on. We're a different team this year than we were last year. It's been exciting for a lot of us. You see the rejuvenated faces in this room. (Head coach Rick Bowness) has really been on us a lot each and every day. Whether it's a good game or a bad game, he's always looking to help us. I think it's been awesome for me, it's been awesome for a lot of us. We're being challenged, we're being pushed to reach our full potential, and I think that does a lot for our team"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad