Post-Game Talk: Jets win in OT 4-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Oooooh the Jets got lucky...they were decent the first half of the game but once the Avs started coming on in the late 2nd it was pretty ugly. Hellebuyck >>> Georgiev though, so...

Pionk...2 goals, won the game, but had a pretty terrible night. He and Morrisey were just getting caved-in by the Avs. We need a top pair that works. Morrisey-Pionk ain't it.

Speaking of getting caved-in: the 3rd line was put out there in tough minutes and just didn't have a good time at all. It's the Avs of course, and their top line is truly elite. Once the Jets get on their heels they seem to have a lot of trouble resetting. Something for the coaching staff to work out I guess, but it's been a few seasons of this.

Reactions: Jack7222

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Oooooh the Jets got lucky...they were decent the first half of the game but once the Avs started coming on in the late 2nd it was pretty ugly. Hellebuyck >>> Georgiev though, so...

Pionk...2 goals, won the game, but had a pretty terrible night. He and Morrisey were just getting caved-in by the Avs. We need a top pair that works. Morrisey-Pionk ain't it.

Speaking of getting caved-in: the 3rd line was put out there in tough minutes and just didn't have a good time at all. It's the Avs of course, and their top line is truly elite. Once the Jets get on their heels they seem to have a lot of trouble resetting. Something for the coaching staff to work out I guess, but it's been a few seasons of this.
So funny that people can watch the same game and have different views.

I thought 4 and 44 had a good game. I thought that the top line struggled mightily and got hemmed in several times. I didn't think Appleton was a fit there, I think I saw them put 8 up there in the third period but not sure if it was just a weird line change.

I also thought the 3rd period was pretty even, both teams played it pretty safe but had their chances.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
So funny that people can watch the same game and have different views.

I thought 4 and 44 had a good game. I thought that the top line struggled mightily and got hemmed in several times. I didn't think Appleton was a fit there, I think I saw them put 8 up there in the third period but not sure if it was just a weird line change.

I also thought the 3rd period was pretty even, both teams played it pretty safe but had their chances.

Yeah I thought we were full marks for the win. We were the clear better team the first half of the game. The Avs had a 5 minute stretch of dominance that was made to look better then it was due to those two crazy long offensive shifts.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
From the Colorado post game...

1666275995870.png

Reactions: TommyKillian

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Didn't mind that game at all. 2 Long cycle shifts where we should have just iced the puck but we tried to make plays resulted in 2 goals from like 5 feet in front of the net. That iffy make up penalty call and a great pass by Ratanen and they tie it up. We play some solid hockey in the 3rd with the boys really watching there shift length and we keep the shots out of the danger areas and Helly is money on those.

A little more puck luck and we might have won that out right with out needing that god tier slapper in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad