Post-Game Talk: Jets win in OT 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
well seattle is about to lose so thats good

That's a good point. We are so focused on the Flames and Preds, but we are actually closer to catching Seattle for the 1st Wildcard spot then the Flames are to catching us for the 2nd Wildcard spot.

Not sure how I feel about that because the team that beat them was Edmonton who we're arguably also competing against for the WC spot if they stop winning

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Accountancy is a noble profession.
It's an essential profession. Accountancy is crucial to today's business world.

I'm guessing that the girl's snide aside was in reference to her guy wanting to go back and audit how goals are counted when she might have had something more fun in mind. FWIW, I've noticed some discrepancies between SOG on the scoreboard, on TV, and in the after-game summary. These are so dispersed as to not favour any team (is there an advantage anyway?) but it makes me wonder about all the other minute things that are measured in a game, like how many burps from a left-handed defenceman, and how accurate they are. But mostly, who gives a f##k about them.

Next up, I yell at kids to get off my lawn. Yeah, that large waist-deep expanse of snow over there.

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
That's a good point. We are so focused on the Flames and Preds, but we are actually closer to catching Seattle for the 1st Wildcard spot then the Flames are to catching us for the 2nd Wildcard spot.

The Jets are as close to catching the Wild, Avs and Oilers as the Flames and Preds are to the Jets, ignoring gp. It's really a shame the Jets had such a bad stretch there.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
The Jets are as close to catching the Wild, Avs and Oilers as the Flames and Preds are to the Jets, ignoring gp. It's really a shame the Jets had such a bad stretch there.
I mostly just look at it as getting in. Considering the grind of an 82 game schedule, there is little gained by getting in by a lot or getting in by a little.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
I'd rather Play Dallas instead of Vegas or LA rd 1. We play Dallas hard but in a perfect world we finish 2 minny 3 and boom Winnipeg vs Minnesota rd 1

But knowing our luck we gonna get Vegas or Colorado rd 1

Reactions: jetsforever

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
I'd rather Play Dallas instead of Vegas or LA rd 1. We play Dallas hard but in a perfect world we finish 2 minny 3 and boom Winnipeg vs Minnesota rd 1

But knowing our luck we gonna get Vegas or Colorado rd 1

Bring 'em on. We were gonna have to beat a team like that to win the cup, right? So thump a top seed in the first round and get psychology on your side :)

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
The Jets won, so that put a smile on my mother's face...:) Before the game, @Eyeseeing asked what everyone was drinking, and I said Ensure with a prune juice chaser. I guess I'll be drinking that tomorrow night as well as it seems to be lucky! It looked liked the Jets were going to lose another one, but my mother's favourite player scored (Ehlers) and she turned to me and said, "We're gonna win!" So I give this game three smiles out of five...

giphy-downsized-large.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

The Prediction Contest has now been posted, sorry for the delay. Don't forget to sign up to create a GDT...

giphy.gif

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Crazy thing. If the Jets go on a little streak here, they could In reality finish probably 2nd or 3rd in Central maybe 1st even.
Race to 100 points:

Jets would have to win 10 of 12. (101)

Dallas would have to win 7 of 13. (101)

Colorado would have to win 7 of 14.

Minnesota would have to win 7 of 13.

It would be amazing if the Jets could get back to 3rd in the Central. Almost impossible for all the teams ahead of them to shit the bed hard enough, and they basically go on a 10-12 game point streak, to believe they could get higher than that.

Race to 95 points:

Jets would have to win 7 of 12.

Nashville would have to win 10 of 15.

Calgary would have to win 10 of 13.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad