Post-Game Talk: Jets win 4-2! Time for a dance party!

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I like the way he skates. I think he could work as a 4th liner if he hits and makes smart simple plays

In Noel's post-game, he seemed genuinely happy with his play tonight. I think he could bring something to the game that Thorburn isn't at the moment, IMHO. As much as we joke about Thor being the "Sniper", that's really not his role.

He didn't look out of place out there, and his skating looks more than fine. Again, MO.

Lynk

Registered Bro
Apr 18, 2006
Ontario, Canada
Post game write-up. Mouth and Ass Diarrhea edition:

Antropov- Not the greatest night for Antro imo. He had a nice hit which almost put a Devil into our bench, but other than that he seemed a little lazy and showed that when he took his penalty. I'm a fan of what he brings to this team for the most part, but I feel tonight was an off night for Antro.
Bogosian- Another great game tonight from Zach. Played the rushes tonight very well and had multiple scoring chances 1 of which led to his first goal. Guy never panics, is always in control and really looks to be getting his offensive touch back.
Burmistrov- Had a few early turnovers in the 1st, but after that he seemed to simplify his game a little and was playing the way he has been for most of the season. Love how he plays the body, guy actually is one of the teams best hitters we have. He also made the correct and smart play by handing off to Kaner for the breakaway.
Byfuglien- Still just doesn't seem himself. Like me during the GDT, Buff just seems afraid to push which is most likely his injury still plaguing him. Hope it heals fast because we can't afford to be without him.
Clitsome- Had a few Clitnone'ish turnovers but he also had a goal on the PP. I don't think you can ask much more of him, especially in the role he's currently playing. I'm calmly happy with how he has played thus far with Toby being out.
Hainsey- What can I say, the guy just gets. it. done. Nah he had a bad giveaway but luckily for us the Devils didn't capitalize and the Jets did with Kane's breakaway. He seems to be stepping up in the rush more to get his offense (as anaemic as it may be) going. Unforunately one of those rushes caused a Devils goal. Soso night for Ronny H.
Jokinen- Not a fan of him on the point for the PP, it just doesn't work very well. Although I imagine they're doing that because Buff clearly can't get complete mobility and is best suited to sit in front of the opposition tendy. Nothing great or bad from Joker tonight, relatively quiet for the most part.
Kane- Really liked Kaner's game tonight. He was using his speed all over the ice and seemed to sustain it throughout the game. A lesser man wouldn't have been able to get away from the D for his breakaway and he knew what to do against Hedberg. A lot of quality chances for him tonight and he managed to capitalize. Solid night.
Ladd- Y'know I wasn't too happy with his game after 2 periods, but that's how Andrew is sometimes. He makes you wonder what he's doing out there and then he scores a couple of goals to piss you off. Can't say enough about his positioning and gave us a Russ Tyler'esque knucklepuck G tonight. Don't Get Mad, GET LADD!
Little- I'd like to see him be a little more aggressive offensively and get a little greedy sometimes, but I thought he played well tonight. 2 assists and +1 in 17+ minutes, I'll take that from Bryan.
Miettinen- 17 seconds in and took a puck to the crotch. Perhaps Zachy Reds isn't completely sympathetic to Antti and his skate?.....
Peluso- I commented in the GDT about how I liked his skating. Other than that there's not a whole lot I can say about Anthony tonight. Had a decent tilt, other than that he played 4 minutes. Sooo I can't really comment much further.
Postma- I still worry about him in the defensive zone, I worry about him and Stuart collectively actually. Nothing glaringly bad from Paul tonight and he did make a very nice pass to Clitsome for the PP goal. So I'm ok with Pauly Post tonight.
Slater- Didn't really notice him too much tonight for the most part. Not the greatest night in the FO circle either. Honestly I can't recall too much from him tonight, I'll leave him to others.
Stuart- He was battling a little bit tonight. Like I said with Postma I never feel comfortable when that pairing is on the ice, he was able to block a few shots tonight which is what we've come to expect from Stu. I'd really like to see him pick up his hitting and intensity as that is the main reason we have him and it's also one of the things he does best.
Tangradi Quiet, didn't really create much of any offense and wasn't a huge fan of his play in the D zone. Although Wellwood hasn't been doing much of anything so I doubt the game would've looked much different had Welly been in the lineup.
Wheeler- Guy has upped his game and stayed in the gear we need him to be in. He is now using his assets to his advantage which showed right from the puck drop by racing into the zone, beating the defense and turning for the perfect pass to Bogo for a quick goal. Blake has been playing very well recently, I think we just have to get used to him starting seasons slow until the media gets to him and he decides that he can play this game very well and becomes Blake 2.0
Wright- Can't say enough about this guy, he's all over the ice every shift. Starting to create some legitimate offensive chances for himself and even for others when he gave Kaner a great pass to get in alone on Hedberg. His forecheck and backcheck is just lovely to watch, he throws the body well and plays a 200ft game. Hats off to Chevy an Co for the pickup, he is here to stay.

Pavelec- Definitely battling tonight, teams obviously know the scouting report and are aiming glove side as they did on the 1st goal. Not the greatest night overall for Pavy but he came up big when we needed him to and the guys took care of the rest. Any night where he holds the opposition to 2 goals I count as a victory in my eyes.

Me- It seems when the Jets played poorly my ass decided it would be better I didn't watch and have me clenching and running for the toilet. Once they got a lead and started playing well, my bowels started playing well with them. Now it seems to have turned into a large amount of gas, let us pray it stays that way so I can begin to digest protein again. Always make sure your food is fully cooked my Bro's.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I like the way he skates. I think he could work as a 4th liner if he hits and makes smart simple plays

He is a good guy to have around. He will probably sit more than he plays, but if needed he brings the necessary toughness and decent 4th line play.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Agreed with others thoughts on hoping that Buff is ok. He just has not looked right for a long time now. If we had another D man to play (besides Melchiori), you would think that Buff would be held out for a while to heal. Really shows how paper thin we are on D. We had two guys from the AHL playing their first real minutes (Postma and Redmond), and a waiver wire pickup in our top 6. And now it seems like we can't give Buff a rest because the next option is probably not really ready for the NHL yet.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Wright just keeps getting better and better. And he rarely makes mistakes with the puck. Can't believe we got him for nothing...:yo:

Plus One!

I think Wright is a good example of being patient and letting him find his game here. I think Tangradi can show similar growth and effectivness if we give him some more time. He had an effective game today.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
Never going to let down my pms induced rant on Ladd now am I?:help:

Decent game. Canucks played at the same time and so glad I couldn't find my remote to change the channel to that game.

Lynk describes why I don't like Ladd.

Was it just me or did Wheeler fall down a lot today? And got pushed down rather easily considering he's a 6'5 man?

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Pavelec is starting to see the puck better which is a good sign because he can steal games when he is on his game.

Kane , Burmistrov & Ladd played fantastic. :cheers:

Avocado Coolranch

Just a fool
Jul 1, 2012
Vancouver
Never going to let down my pms induced rant on Ladd now am I?:help:

Decent game. Canucks played at the same time and so glad I couldn't find my remote to change the channel to that game.

Lynk describes why I don't like Ladd.

Was it just me or did Wheeler fall down a lot today? And got pushed down rather easily considering he's a 6'5 man?

Saw this a lot too. I think it might have been fatigue with the back to back road game. He seemed off balance and pushed down too easily but still was able to create offense.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Saw this a lot too. I think it might have been fatigue with the back to back road game. He seemed off balance and pushed down too easily but still was able to create offense.

And almost like a carryover from the Flyer game, it seemed like he was getting frustrated with what he must be thinking are missed calls on him. His body language just looked to me after a few hits that he was angry. Head down, slow to get up, shaking head, etc.

Don't like seeing him let those things affect him that much.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Ecstatic that we got the win, although I have to say, I didn't think this was a great game from the Jets. Beyond Kane, Bogosian and perhaps Wright, I didn't think any Jets had great games. It was though, without question, one of the better team efforts they've had all year. In particular, I thought their tight checking through the neutral zone was key. There were relatively few times when the Devils got across the Jets blueline with a full head of steam.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Great game, had to miss the last 2 periods to grab the girlfriend at the airport but watched the rest on PVR. Happy Peluso actually got to fight someone and looked good on his skates. Kane's goal was one of the nicest I've seen this year from us and Ladd's wrister is just crazy.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Now THIS is dedication to not taking a too many men penalty:

BD6BnkeCUAAjbU8.jpg

:laugh:

Even better, here's an animated GIF:

tumblr_mir4daRy8d1qk17n8o1_500.gif

tumblr_mir4daRy8d1qk17n8o2_500.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad