Post-Game Talk: Jets wagon rolls on. Jets win 6-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
First of all when you are #1 you will have people looking/writing/saying negative things about you.
As for Connor hurting the team which is a joke just take his last 5 games stats for proof … not counting the Ducks game where he got hurt.
3 goals, 2 assists plus 4 ... Jets were 3-2 but if you start from December when the Jets started this roll 3 goals 1 assist plus 3 ... Jets went 3-0.
Does that look like a liability?
Well, I think your right Raider, and I do think Connor's return will be a great asset for the Jets. I saw a lot of sportscasters talking about this, and thought it be an interesting discussion. Let's face it, when your inserting a 40 goal scorer, it should "always" be an asset.

With that being said, I'd like to see him on the 2nd line, and Names can cover for him defensively, plus Ehlers has really come alive on the 1st line, and they should leave it. I do think Connor will have to be more defensively responsible to satisfy Bowness tho, which is a good thing.

All in all, I see very positive things going forward for the Jets.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I wonder what posters think of this ?? I've been reading from sportscasters that many of them think Connor returning could hurt the team, because he's a defensive liability ? He is that, but the question in my mind, is -- does his offensive output supersede(trump) his defensive liability. I wonder how much this will affect the team, as we're winning by restricting goals against to around 2.5 goals over the last 28 games straight or so.

What do posters think about this, and do you guys think Connor will help the team, or will he hurt the team ?? I think he should help the team, but his defensive game is bad, and he just may have a negative effect on the team ?? What do posters think on this subject ??

I think that even KC was trying to play D this year. He wasn't good at it, but he was trying so he was better than in past seasons.

I think he outscores his D liability, especially if he is not on Scheif's line.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Interesting stat I came across in the plus/minus category
The Jets have
3 players in the top 10
6 in the top 20
9 in the top 28
11 in the top 47
The Canucks have 8 players in the top 50 but the other eight teams in the top 10 standings COMBINED only have 11 players in top 50 ... Avs and Rangers have ZERO players in top 50.
Seriously that's incredible when you think about it ... 11 of your 18 players are in the top 50 in the league 5 on 5.

Reactions: Jets 31
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad