GDT: Jets vs Wild (PLAYOFFS GAME 4 - April 17th, 7pm) - Simple Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
the Jets need to win tonight for two reasons, but the biggest will be to keep Hendricks out of the line-up.

i'm guessing we see Pool Man in for Myers and....Trouba on the PP2 unit?
the sooner Hendricks can get in and armia gets out the better off we will be.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
This season the Jets always seem to bounce back with a real nice game after losses like the one we just endured in game 3, so I am expecting a big game from the team tonight. Time to put the Wild on the brink of elimination and head back to Winnipeg up 3-1.

I am expecting the game of the series possibly even a little OT. Not sure who is going to win.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
This is the "recover after stubbing their toe" game that Paul MacLean discussed with the TSN Analysts at the TDL. I have complete faith that our boys will bounce back from Sunday's stinker with a convincing win as they've done all season.

I'm already looking forward to the "cilantro game" back in the Peg on Friday (4/20) which is going to be smokin'... :cool:

GJG!!!

P.S. Another awesome GDT, Zhammers! :thumbu:

Last edited:

thistleswamp

Second Overall
Jun 7, 2011
Deloraine
Phenomenal GDT. Coen brothers are my favorite. I watch 'lebowski' at least twice a year.
Expecting some scary moments tonight with that D3 pairing, but hope the Jets can get back their mojo from the first 2 games.

Reactions: Zhamnov5GoalGame

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
This is out of left field.

AHL callup rules have changed since the end of the season. The Jets are allowed 3 callups while the Moose are still alive in the playoffs (emergency callups exempt) Once eliminated there are no restrictions.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Armia is such a better hockey player............but ya, we could use some Hendy right now.
I don't know. Armia doesn't hit doesn't fight doesn't score. Which ever line he has played on the 3rd or the 4th and he has been on both that line is worse then the other. But ya he looks good nothing. And i doubt chiarot would have had to jump in and save hendricks.

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Can't go chasing hits that aren't there. But when they are, we need to hit them hard. Need to send a message to Foligno and the Wild since Foligno is out there running our D men with some sort of special pardon immunity from penalties and suspensions. Foligno needs to be put in his place without running him for a penalty, or in a way where someone takes him to the box with them. An example of a clean hit could be where you grab him kind of from the side and behind, then as you are falling and dragging him down, punch him laterally in the knee - this has been deemed to be fine by all of the hockey experts and the Wild coach as just two guys just falling.

If you look at how the Avs and the Devils won their games, it was because they were treating it like a war on ice. Both games were nasty. It is a different game in the playoffs. We have to play fast and hard like we did in game 1, but clean hits and ZERO retaliation for cheap shots. Take a number and get them back without a penalty. Or, if you are going to go you have to take someone with you to the box. We have a fast, big and strong team with enough toughness to take it to the Wild. If the Jets want to win they need to know that it will be a brutal battle every shift.

The Laffs got their win because the refs gifted them a goal and Andersen had horseshoes up his arse. He used up all of his mystery saves for the next 80 games. The Laffs won't win another game unless the NHL tells the refs to make sure to give them another one.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I don't know. Armia doesn't hit doesn't fight doesn't score. Which ever line he has played on the 3rd or the 4th and he has been on both that line is worse then the other. But ya he looks good nothing. And i doubt chiarot would have had to jump in and save hendricks.

Not sure if changing the lineup is the answer right now. Armia has the puck on a string. Hendricks can fight I guess.

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
Lets see if the Jets can go in and steal one on the road. That is all they need to put this series away early.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
IMG_0965.jpg

IMG_0966.jpg

IMG_0967.jpg

Reactions: Channelcat

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Big game. Didn't have a great feeling going into Sunday, but I'm cautiously optimistic. Jets are pretty good at rebounding after poor outtings.

Defensively, Poolparty could be an upgrade over Myers.... It'll be interesting game for sure

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
not sure if it's your hot take doing it to me or if i'm developing shingles...
but i feel a gross and savage burning feeling while reading your desire to put Hendricks in and may need to see a physician

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Nows not the time to bring this up, but should a 2nd line center just inked to a 30 million dollar contract be able to contribute a goal in a series?

Im sure he will but would tonight ever be timely for it.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
This is out of left field.

AHL callup rules have changed since the end of the season. The Jets are allowed 3 callups while the Moose are still alive in the playoffs (emergency callups exempt) Once eliminated there are no restrictions.

Looks like Moose hunting season has opened. If he plays, great. If the Moose are being deprived of their top D man so he can sit in the PB, that's BS. Melchiori is a very experienced PB sitter, and would do well in that role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad