GDT: Jets vs Wild (PLAYOFFS GAME 4 - April 17th, 7pm) - Simple Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
I think the pressure is on Minny for this one. They absolutely cannot afford to lose at home since the Jets didn't either. If they do, it's going to be a very very steep climb back.

If Minny wins, the Jets are still not in trouble as long as they don't lose at home.

I'm sure this was mentioned already but apparently "their ice" refers to a PR stunt where fans could bring their own water from which the rink ice was then frozen from. Pretty clever stunt IMO.

Great GDT!

Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Love the Coen brothers!!! Laine as the Dude is so perfect. I also enjoy the ode to Millers crossing with the hat lying on the ground at the top.

In Calgary on business and will not be able to watch this game tonight. Hope we can gut out a win but Minny will be tough again. I am a bit pissed that one of their players head hunted Trouba then went after Myers knee?? That is three of our players they have attempted to injure and two of them are out of the series now (Matty P). Heart attack face is suck a piece of shit coach and this has his finger prints all over it.

Kind of getting a hate on for a team now that I usually find pretty meh which adds a level of excitement.

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
This game is the most critical of any game played thus far. If won, the Jets will command an almost certain series victory, only 4 teams in NHL history ever battled back from a 3-1 deficit. If lost the series is tied 2-2 and can be anybody's game from that point forward. Jets must win this! Go :jets Go!

Reactions: GNP

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
images

Shall I compare Buff to a freight train?
His hits art more lovely, yet more insensinate.
And aye; Foligno’d thugs do skullduggery behind the Play,
But “This is Our Ice” piece hath all too short a date.
Sometime too hot the cheeks of Boudreau shine,
Sunday’s loss saw the Jets’ gold complexion dimmed;
But ever fair will glim the magic of our forward lines,
By Stats and Fly’s odd-man rush untrimmed.
And the promise of the White Out shall not fade,
Nor shall we lose possession of that fair puck thou ow’st,
Nor shall lack of depth shag our chances in the shade,
When in Shuffles’ line the offensive floodgate grow’st.
So long as Farmboys can breathe and Pate can see,
The blocker side and five-hole gives life to we.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
images

Shall I compare Buff to a freight train?
His hits art more lovely, yet more insensinate.
And aye; Foligno’d thugs do skullduggery behind the Play,
But “This is Our Ice” piece hath all too short a date.
Sometime too hot the cheeks of Boudreau shine,
Sunday’s loss saw the Jets’ gold complexion dimmed;
But ever fair will glim the magic of our forward lines,
By Stats and Fly’s odd-man rush untrimmed.
And the promise of the White Out shall not fade,
Nor shall we lose possession of that fair puck thou ow’st,
Nor shall lack of depth shag our chances in the shade,
When in Shuffles’ line the offensive floodgate grow’st.
So long as Farmboys can breathe and Pate can see,
The blocker side and five-hole gives life to we.

Best one yet sir!

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
This game is the most critical of any game played thus far. If won, the Jets will command an almost certain series victory, only 4 teams in NHL history ever battled back from a 3-1 deficit. If lost the series is tied 2-2 and can be anybody's game from that point forward. Jets must win this! Go :jets Go!

Might be miss-reading what you are trying to say, but this is a list of all the series where teams came back from 3-1 or 3-0 deficits. And it's more than 4 teams.

NHL Stanley Cup Playoff Comebacks | Hockey-Reference.com

In fact the Jets 1.0 have lost after being up 3-1 twice. Not trying to sound negative, but there is some history there. :(

But you are right.... this game is huge. Up 3-1 coming home with the confidence boost to know you can beat the Wild anywhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: Conflicted Habs fan

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
Might be miss-reading what you are trying to say, but this is a list of all the series where teams came back from 3-1 or 3-0 deficits. And it's more than 4 teams.

NHL Stanley Cup Playoff Comebacks | Hockey-Reference.com

In fact the Jets 1.0 have lost after being up 3-1 twice. Not trying to sound negative, but there is some history there. :(

But you are right.... this game is huge. Up 3-1 coming home with the confidence boost to know you can beat the Wild anywhere.

Wow, ok then. I'll rephrase...
Apart from the 28 times in NHL history when teams lose when up 3 games, such as the Winnipeg Jets in 1992 and 1990, if the Jets win this one, no chance they will lose the series!

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
So Jets are down 20% of their starting lineup.

I think thid game will be one of the best game of this series.

Hellybuyck need a big time game tonight.
As well as Schiefele's line.

I expect Connor and Ehler to pot some goals here.

Go Jets Go

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Sadly, I haven't seen any of these with the exception of Raising Arizona, and that was a long time ago. Oh well, it's visually appealing at least ;)

Here's hoping for a big W tonight!

Wow, ok then. I'll rephrase...
Apart from the 28 times in NHL history when teams lose when up 3 games, such as the Winnipeg Jets in 1992 and 1990, if the Jets win this one, no chance they will lose the series!

index.jpeg

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
This season the Jets always seem to bounce back with a real nice game after losses like the one we just endured in game 3, so I am expecting a big game from the team tonight. Time to put the Wild on the brink of elimination and head back to Winnipeg up 3-1.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad