Pre-Game Talk: Jets vs Panthers - Helsinki (Nov 1 & 2) Hartwall Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I’m SO booking front row tickets to these games. Question: Anyone knows when to expect the tickets to go on sale, and is there anything you can do to increase your odds of getting said tickets? I tried to add a notification to Ticketmaster when they go on sale but it didn’t allow to enter the keywords.

Does the Hartwell Arena even use Ticketmaster?

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I looked at Hartwall Arena’s main page and it said that ticket reservations for events go through Ticketmaster.

I wasn't sure good thing.

Jets schedule usually comes out in June. I'm not sure if the NHL will announce those dates before that. Tickets could go on sale soon after that

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
I wasn't sure good thing.

Jets schedule usually comes out in June. I'm not sure if the NHL will announce those dates before that. Tickets could go on sale soon after that

Thanks for the info! I think I jumped the gun assuming that the already announced dates would be bookable sooner, probably not the case then.

Theorex

Jan 29, 2018
My biggiest issue as a ticket holder is as such: I can 100% guarantee I will not see any 'rate reduction' in the cost of my season tickets even though I will be out one game.

They won't be taking a lose on the lack of seats I believe I read earlier that the NHL essentially buys the game from the teams and pays them out.

Again as a season ticket holder I have zero issues if my season ticket rate is adjusted to accommodate one less home game..which I can guarantee they are not.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
My biggiest issue as a ticket holder is as such: I can 100% guarantee I will not see any 'rate reduction' in the cost of my season tickets even though I will be out one game.

They won't be taking a lose on the lack of seats I believe I read earlier that the NHL essentially buys the game from the teams and pays them out.

Again as a season ticket holder I have zero issues if my season ticket rate is adjusted to accommodate one less home game..which I can guarantee they are not.

They will only bill you for 44 games instead of 45. Isn't that what happened last year with the Heritage Classic?

Theorex

Jan 29, 2018
Yes, that is exactly how it works.

We did not see any reduction in Season Ticket cost during Heritage Classic (4 people)..Cost maintained..either they aren't applying the discount across the board or they really aren't deducting the actual cost of the game.

I'll be keeping a very close eye on next seasons rate and emailing my Rep if there is no discount.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
We did not see any reduction in Season Ticket cost during Heritage Classic (4 people)..Cost maintained..either they aren't applying the discount across the board or they really aren't deducting the actual cost of the game.

I'll be keeping a very close eye on next seasons rate and emailing my Rep if there is no discount.

You're going to lose 1 game out of 44 (41 regular season and 3 preseason), or a reduction of 2.27% in number of games. But they're going to raise the price, as they pretty much always do, by 3% or more. Since 3% (or 5% as someone said earlier) is bigger than 2.27%, don't expect to pay less next year.

Reactions: Theorex

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013

The actual totalcost may not have decreased because they raise ticket prices 3% or even more some years. One game is 2.2% of the entire season. But the cost will be less than if they billed for the full 45 games.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Thought this might interest the other side as well:

So Finnish media (via NA sources) may have figured out why the arena is still TBT.

Patrik Laineen ja Aleksander Barkovin kohtaamisen pelipaikka on auki – estävätkö talouspakotteet Hartwall-areenassa pelaamisen?

Shortly put; the NHL is concerned over the sanctions list put on Russia by the US, which features the head honcho (Roman Rotenberg, along with his father & uncle & another business partner) behind the company that owns Hartwall Arena and Jokerit.

So it's very possible that the game won't be played in Helsinki.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
Thought this might interest the other side as well:

Hopefully there are some easy legal loophole for circumventing that... After all, come on!!! It's hockey we're talking about now. While the game can be used as a tool for various political agendas, this is not the time or place for it. Just hoping some use of common sense now. It is not anyone's benefit to ruin this game because of some bans and boycots, contrary: NHL teams visiting in Finland should schedule one more friendly game against some top KHL-teams to the same trip.

Even in global politics people doesn't always talk same language, players in a rink do, aims and goals being symmetrical for both competitor teams.

If there are one place on the earth where such kind interleague games could be arranged between east and west, it's Helsinki, Finland.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Could they play a game in Tampere? And one somewhere else?

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Could they play a game in Tampere? And one somewhere else?
My guess would be Turku (Gatorade Center), which holds almost 12k. It's not far off the 13.5k-ish that Hartwall Arena draws.

Tampere is awkward since Hakametsä has capacity for 7.5k-ish and the arena is really old. Which makes this whole thing odd, because I thought the NHL would for sure wait a few years until the new Tampere arena is ready (2021 or 2022 supposedly) and then have Jets or/and Panthers come over.

Lepardi

Jan 1, 2008
Finland
Do you guys think it's a faux pas to wear a Kärpät jersey for Aho?

I can't see any reason why it would be a faux pas. Why would people be that passionate about anyone's jersey at an NHL game in Europe? Especially as Kärpät is so far away from all the other FEL teams that they don't have any real enemies. The atmosphere will probably be pretty lacklustre when teams are playing thousands of miles away from their homes. When I went to a KHL game between Jokerit and CSKA, I saw a guy wearing a Ville Peltonen HIFK jersey. I thought that was a bit questionable but he didn't have a black eye either.

A whole lot of negativity in this thread. We get to watch our best players to play here mostly when they're undrafted teenagers, I'm excited for this.

I hope we get to see Barkov and Laine win the World Championships in Tampere in 2022. If that happens, the atmosphere will be something else compared to NHL games in Europe.

Last edited:

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
This thread was temporarily closed so I had posted the message below in the pre-game thread for for the Kings game.

"Just noticed that the Jets / Finland game thread for next year is closed.
Where would one post some questions asking our Finnish fans for help on info like where to stay / what to do / what to expect in the city the games are in etc...?

A helpful Jets fan could PM me as this is starting to look like more of a real thing.

thanks
"

Please help I need to show my fiance I'm doing my part in this planning ;)

sashalaine

Apr 2, 2016
Helsinki
NHL announces 2018 Global Series dates, locations, ticket information

Now confirmed:
The Florida Panthers and Winnipeg Jets will play two games at Hartwall Arena in Helsinki, Finland, on Nov. 1 and 2 (8 p.m. EET/ 1 p.m. ET).

Tickets to the Nov. 1 and Nov. 2 games between the Panthers and Jets at Hartwall Arena in Helsinki, Finland, will go on sale Monday at 9 a.m. EET (2 a.m. ET) at https://www.livenation.fi.

Tickets (direct link) seem to be ranging from 89 to 235 euros (and VIP packages 199 to 419 euros).

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
I joined the weird silver club to be able to pre-order tickets a couple of days before they go on sale for the public. I'm going for the "RAVINTOLA PLATINUM DINNER + ALAKATSOMOLIPPU" (best seats in lower section) package, but it says it's already sold out for Friday night. Does anyone know how this is possible given that the tickets haven't gone on sale even for the club members yet? I'll pick something else for Friday night if they indeed can not be bought but would still love those seats for both evenings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad