Pre-Game Talk: JETS vs. DUCKS - BACK IN WHITE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pegjets

Oh Canada
Apr 4, 2013
At work in one of the lunch rooms there was The Shopping Channel on TV. They were selling NHL merchandise and talking about how exciting it was to have 5 Canadian teams in the playoff. They have 5 Mannequins dressed with 5 teams: Senators, Habs, Canucks, Flames, and the LEAFS

:shakehead :help: :pullhair:

Troubaloobaloop

Jul 17, 2014
Vancouver
At work in one of the lunch rooms there was The Shopping Channel on TV. They were selling NHL merchandise and talking about how exciting it was to have 5 Canadian teams in the playoff. They have 5 Mannequins dressed with 5 teams: Senators, Habs, Canucks, Flames, and the LEAFS

:shakehead :help: :pullhair:

Understandable, Jets Jerseys are selling like hot cakes and they probly couldn't get any :yo:

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Mark-Stuart-at-practice-300x200.jpg

Post-practice audio:

Dustin Byfuglien - What is the mood like on the eve of the playoffs? How antsy are they to get going? Exciting challenge to help this franchise win first playoff game? How long does it take to develop a rivalry in playoffs? What kind of message do they want to send first game? Remembering the battles against Kesler. Does experience matter in playoffs?

Andrew Ladd - On the team's mindset before Game 1. How important have the three days been to heal up? How much different will the teams be since the last time they played? His thoughts on the mood/energy at practice. Is there a feeling that the Jets are a good match against the Ducks? Comfort knowing you don't have to tweak their style? How long does it take for a healthy dislike to start in the playoffs? Any carryover from his battles with Kesler? How much does experience matter in the playoffs? What is it like to have the entire city of Winnipeg behind the team? Leading the Jets into uncharted territory.

Tyler Myers - What it means to him that Jets fans are travelling to California to see them play? What are his expectations of the home crowd in Game 3? What kind of message is he looking to send in the game on Thursday night? Any chance of taking some teams by surprise still in the playoffs?

Drew Stafford - What is his take on whether they are the underdog or it that simply gamesmanship? Does being a #1 seed carry as much weight as it used to? On the Ducks having the edge in experience. What does his playoff experience do for his game? On the momentum that the Jets had to close out the season and how it could impact Game 1. Making sure not to panic if game doesn't go their way early.

To listen click here.

Last edited:

jetkarma*

MP 85 game time decision per Lawless. He'll take the morning skate , so looks pretty promising.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
@WiebeSunSports: #NHLJets HC Paul Maurice says Toby a Enstrom is good to go and Mathieu Perreault remains a "game-time decision" for Game 1 vs #Ducks

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Coach-Maurice-before-game-1-300x190.jpg

Coach Maurice scrum: On being an underdog. On the depth the trades have provided and what it could mean for the series. What is the status of Tobias Enstrom? Status of Mathieu Perreault? On his team taking fewer penalties. Does he have to guard against not crossing the emotional line? Is it an advantage that they have been playing high pressure games down the stretch? Is there less pressure on the Jets? How much stock does he put in playoff experience? With the new additions, how has his team changed since they last played the Ducks? Have the last three weeks changed his opinion of Pavelec? On being one of five Canadian teams to make the playoffs and what it would mean to bring the Stanley Cup back to Canada.

To listen click here.

Last edited:

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I love this guy

@WiebeSunSports: "The first 10 minutes tomorrow night are going to be very interesting...you don't want to show up late." #NHLJets HC Paul Maurice

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I knew he'd come. Can't miss the photo op.

@DarrenDreger: NHL commissioner Gary Bettman is scheduled to be in Winnipeg for game 3 between the Jets and Ducks on Monday.

dig1

Mar 1, 2015
I love this guy

@WiebeSunSports: "The first 10 minutes tomorrow night are going to be very interesting...you don't want to show up late." #NHLJets HC Paul Maurice
Not trying to troll....i actually wish Jets would make it to SCF.
if only the Jets were disciplined though (i am hoping they would keep up with their behavior they displayed for the final 4 games of the season, esp the one against St. Louis)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad