GDT: Jets vs Bruins - TD Garden - Dec 21 6:00pm CT

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
That was an entertaining ot.

I have to talk to MTS about this. As you posted that, I was watching the last 3 minutes of regulation. Then suddenly a message pops up, asking me if I want to Restart or Watch Live TV. I chose the latter, and all of a sudden, the shootout is starting. I think this new Fibe TV service is f***ing me up.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Ugh, sucks to lose to these guys. At least we got a point.

Like I said, if you told me we'd go into a shootout as a road dog, that's an average of probably (to be honest) 1.3 - 1.4 points out of 2, I'd have taken it. Still. It sucks. Losing to a team that has to be a bunch of friggin' hooligans just to get the first goal. Sick.

Reactions: Moon Man

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Team is beginning to assert itself. Boston is a tough barn to wade in and just win. A couple more lucky shots... Ehlers post on the shoot out... great game actually. Hate the shootout.

Reactions: AlphaLackey

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Team is beginning to assert itself. Boston is a tough barn to wade in and just win. A couple more lucky shots... Ehlers post on the shoot out... great game actually. Hate the shootout.

We held our own and brought it down to a razor wire on a coin flip. I have zero grief about how this team played the game at any point. In fact, I have nothing but pride given the shit we DIDN'T engage in, and I'll leave it at that. Jersey goes back on the hanger with pride.

Reactions: kanadalainen

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
I would say 5 min of 4-4 and then 5 mins of 3-3 and then call it a tie.

That too. The idea being, we realize that the original criticism of 5v5 5 min OT ("They just play safe for 5 mins going for the tie") is invalid given "they just play EVEN SAFER for 5 mins going for the free point". Make it 10 mins of extra-offense bonus time. I can't imagine any fan after a 10-minute 4v4 then 3v3 overtime seeing a tie and going "well shit, THAT sucks".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad