GDT: Jets vs Bolts (Jan-30th) - Ace in the hole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Wasnt the TB goalie also playing in the ASG? If so, wouldnt he need a rest too?

He didn't play 4 games in 6 nights in three different time zones and then fly from the west coast to the east coast though. Helle also spent the Bye week on a beach somewhere.

It also doesn't matter what the other team does.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Lowry coming back is a blessing. Moreover, when Kulikov comes back, Poolman will get to play with one of Enstrom and Kuli. Should be a good learning experience for him, having an actual NHL defenseman with a fair bit of experience next to him.
I agree. I have nothing against those six at all. Hope Kulikov is back Thursday.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Player pre-game audio: Wheeler & Laine.

Coach Maurice scrum topics: Who starts tonight? What is the rationale for Hutchinson starting tonight rather than one of the others during the home stand? What is he expecting from Dustin Byfuglien? What is a comfortable number of minutes for Poolman? Does he know when Michael Hutchinson is expected to arrive? On Hellebuyck possibly wanting to start. Status of Kulikov? What is the challenge of a ten-game home stand? Have the Jets met their goals that they set ahead of the season? On bringing in the refs at the beginning of the season, did it change the way the Jets play? Status of Adam Lowry? Status of Tobias Enstrom? Who is the extra forward on the 4th line?

To listen click here.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
I rarely if ever rag on Maurice. But starting Hutchinson is a bad idea IMO.

If they had this plan to start him all along (which appears that way) they never should have let him go to the all star game.

They are playing the best team in the east and you need every point possible.

Reactions: sipowicz

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I can't find any optimism for this game. Missing Fefe, Trouba, Kuli, with Hutch in net and Lowry in his first game back after injury against a very strong team is a big hill to climb.

I'm going to join Nobody Important and go in with very low expectations. Hope nobody else gets injured.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
My God how I don't miss this. Hope Hutch's flight makes it

SoCalJetsFan

Sponsor
Oct 5, 2015
Temecula, CA
My God how I don't miss this. Hope Hutch's flight makes it

Agreed, now I only get grey out conditions from smoke and I haven't had to shovel any banks of ashes afterwards.

This whole Hutch in net tonight with him playing last night on the east coast is just weird. I hope he makes it and plays well. There is no room in the standings to give any team a free game.

On a happy note I am delighted that 17 is back and it looks like CLA is a thing again. Need them to hem in the 1st line of the Lightning.

ShooTer44

Oct 6, 2012
Would just like to add that Tampa is 5-4-1 in their last 10 games , well the Jets are 6-2-2. Only five points separate the two teams. Go Jets Go !!

Reactions: Kgame

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
As others have stated, I hope Hutch plays well.

Otherwise, everyone will be questioning his decision.

Agreed, he plays poorly and and there will be all sorts of questions. Personally I hate doing anything after flying, I feel I have lead legs and am irratible. I hope he is able to step off the plane and play well. I just can't see how this whole thing is a smart idea for all parties involved.

Reactions: Jets 31

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
570858-pikachu_dizzy_eyes_7_.png
Let’s beat these stinkin Pikachu’s

Last edited:
Reactions: Pongs21
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad