Pre-Game Talk: Jets visit music city

Status
Not open for further replies.

peg

Jul 8, 2010
I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic or not.

Sorry :sarcasm:

In all seriousness, in the last three games we have significantly outplayed the Blues, the Kings and the Sens. Our defence doesn't change significantly with Buff out as a lot of his minutes will be picked up by Myers and Trouba. What a luxury we have there!

Little will be missed, but even without him we have a pretty solid top 9 (assuming O'Dell is on the third line). I think we have enough depth to compete. Don't forget everyone else is also dealing with their own maladies (Giordano, P. Kane, Bieksa, Ryan Miller, Voynov etc.).

It really comes down to goaltending. Pavs cannot carry us down the stretch. We are really relying on Hutch making a few more big saves and doing a little less stick handling.

If Hutch has one or two more of those softer games I would be getting Hellebuyck here ASAP.

50 we are in with decent tending/50 we are out if we give up a lot of softies.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Yes I agree, lets play O'dell against David Backes/Anze Kopitar/Ryan Getzlaf I'm sure nothing could possibly go wrong

/sarcasm emoticon

Of those centers you mentioned the only one we face is Backes in the near future during the timeframe where Little might be out.

I don't know what will happen with the centers, all I know is that I hope the 4th line C is Slater and not O'Dell, meaning O'Dell at least 3C and not Slater there. I hope Litts is not out long.

Jml78

Dec 14, 2013
YYZ
Yes I agree, lets play O'dell against David Backes/Anze Kopitar/Ryan Getzlaf I'm sure nothing could possibly go wrong

/sarcasm emoticon

[mod]

So how does Little match up with those monsters any better than O'Dell? O'Dell is actually bigger than Little, so he doesn't give up anything defensively that Little already gives up. They play similar games, obviously Little is a better player, but it allows stability for the line up, which is important.

Secondly when matching Jets lines to those top centres it is more than likely Lowry or maybe Schiefele, would probably get the assignment to counter the size and physicality of those guys anyway.

[mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
I'll take smoke and mirrors until we're healthy again :laugh:

Yup...stick ole Smoke and Mirrors on the fourth line for now!

looking at the implied lines from practice this morning doesn't fill me with optimism....would prefer:

Wheeler-Scheifele-Stafford
Ladd-Lowry-Tlusty
Frolik-O'Dell-Stempniak
Thorburn-Slater-Peluso

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg

looking at the implied lines from practice this morning doesn't fill me with optimism....would prefer:

Ladd-Lowry-Tlusty
Frolik-O'Dell-Stempniak
Thorburn-Slater-Peluso

I could see us smoke and mirroring a couple of teams with THAT lineup. Never know!

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
[mod]

So how does Little match up with those monsters any better than O'Dell? O'Dell is actually bigger than Little, so he doesn't give up anything defensively that Little already gives up. They play similar games, obviously Little is a better player, but it allows stability for the line up, which is important.

Secondly when matching Jets lines to those top centres it is more than likely Lowry or maybe Schiefele, would probably get the assignment to counter the size and physicality of those guys anyway.

[mod]

Defense isn't size. Despite his lilliputian frame, Bryan Little plays very good defense, and I don't think you're giving him enough credit for the way he reads the ice and his execution on all parts of it.

Secondly, Little gets all the tough matchups when Maurice has last change (and usually when the other coach does, too) and he has been invaluable for sheltering the two young centremen from said matchups.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Ugh, trying to stay positive but why do I get the feeling the Jets are just what the Doctor ordered to end a 5 game losing streak?

They've played well when they have had to rally around one another, let's hope they can do it again.

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011
Wouldn't be surprised if our friendly group of players cures Nashvilles current woes.

Andy6

Court Jetster
Jun 3, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Preds on a 5 game losing streak somehow. Maybe we can kick them while they're down.

Let's just beat them. Overtime, shootout, 9-8, 1-0, Pavs stones them à la Dallas; it doesn't matter.

Now is the hour. No more "sure they lost but if they keep playing this way they'll make the playoffs".

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
14687_10205081610852948_5838759355652172299_n.jpg

Let's eat some Sushi, i am going to send Rinne a package. Hopes he eats them before game time :)

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Sheifele has a chance to take his game to the next level here...or rather, he faces that necessity. god speed

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

Ladd-Lowry-Tlusty
Frolik-O'Dell-Stempniak
Thorburn-Slater-Peluso
I like your lines , but i would put Scheif in the middle of Ladd and Wheeler , Maurice is going to move every body until something clicks . One question , who starts in net ?? I say stay with Hutch until he has a really bad game . I don't dislike Pavelec , but as we have all scene over the years he can't get his game to the next level !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad