GDT: JETS @ VEGAS - Feb 22 Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Yeah, I guess. There was room on that shot (not much though). There was also that goal that started the third...
The goal in the 3rd was off the rush yes. Point is, they haven't created much, it's been shoot, crash and hope afaic. I'm not impressed by their skill level at all.

objectiveposter

Jan 29, 2011
Helle realized that @objectiveposter was in the GDT and made that save to show him.
last year I got a few private messages claiming that helle was aware of how much I trashed him and used it as motivation. I dont know if its real though (probably not since the poster had only a few posts) but if it was I will take full credit for helles vezina nomination.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Game over punks

MtLa.gif

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
last year I got a few private messages claiming that helle was aware of how much I trashed him and used it as motivation. I dont know if its real though (probably not since the poster had only a few posts) but if it was I will take full credit for helles vezina nomination.

Hell, I wouldn't care if you were using a voodoo doll, I'll take his goaltending last year and this calendar year any way I can get it :)

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg

We need the Objective poster to tell it like it is, and keep these guys in line. I've been missing your comments lately. I guess you thought with the Jets in their slump, it was time to make an appearance again.

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
Dip shit finally puts in the line up everyone suggests and they win! Is it that hard to be a coach or did Huddy take over?

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
Knew the Fonz wouldn't lie - or brag. Fonzie doesn't need to. :laugh:
But whoever took that picture wasn't winning any photography contests. :laugh:

It's an oldie from 40 years ago. Haven't looked at it in a dogs age. Shocked I found it in an album as fast as I did. Took a photo with my phone under poor lighting.

At some point there's a lot of scanning to do...

Anyways, great win tonight! Interesting that it began looking at that photo. Met up with the high school gang to celebrate my 50th birthday. We don't see each other often anymore.

We were once as close as close could be. The night was filled with interesting conversation, far beyond the scopes of hockey. Encouraging to know that despite the success' & failures of those within out once close group, that we all still share common ground on a dirth of topics.

The last of our goodbyes have been said to the last of our group and it's time to say goodnight.

Before I do, I'll add that it's heartwarming that a group as close as we were, all originating from different areas of the city, from varied backgrounds & religions, that attended different elementary schools and only encountered each other for the first time in junior high, some sports minded, some not, still manage to share the same moral compass and much of the same views on life despite seeing each other a handful of times a year since our university days.

Perhaps our kismet spirits has an affect on the game...it felt that way initially. I wore my Trouba jersey & picked Trouba out of the "bonus basket" during our first order. Had he scored our bill of Beers, Wings & Scotch would have been 30% off. Just as happy Ehlers opened things up that Laine scored two.

Anyways, before passing out I thought I'd remind everyone to stay in touch with those that mean the most to you. Despite our wives and families, all in attendance clearly enjoyed the evening. It's a shame that friends this close only have time for each other a handful of times a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad