Jets UFA signing for the Moose and NHL depth on July 1 st

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
I do not see the Jets as big players in the UFA market for top 9 forwards or top 5 d- men with the current amount of high end prospects that we want to integrate in to our line up this year.

The Moose sucked last year, mostly due to in effective Veteran players that did not play up to expectations.

Fraser. Approx 250-300 k in the Ahl
Hallischuk. Approx 250-300 k in the Ahl
Cormier. Approx 200 300 k in the Ahl
Raffl. One way contract approx $550 k
Harrisson. One way contract 1.1 mill
Plug D man UFA we signed from Toronto was so bad I can't remember his name.

There are some useful names that did not get qualified or are UFA s that would be huge improvements.

Familiar Names

O Dell ....... AHL Ott/Buff..... 50 points
K Mouilleriate..... AHL Pitts ....45 points
O Neil LD ........ AHL Pitts ...... 50 points
Redmond ...... AHL Coldorado ... Not offered Q offer
Jaffrey....... Old man had a good year in Europe AHL deal only)

Toronto

-Connor Carrick.... Not offered Q offer
Percy ...........Not offered Q offer

Bottom line the Moose need help and the Jets need veteran Depth at the AHL level

I am missing a bunch of options for possible Moose veterans and Jets depth, please add potential options.

PS .... B4 any one mentions it .

We have some possible Moose Veteran all ready signed leadership in

- Thorburn
-Peluso
- Stuart
- Pavelac (LOL)
And I think Party Pardy Dangler burnt his bridges on the way out last year and I believe he may still sign in Edmonton.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Connor Carrick was offered his Qualifying offer. It was Sam Carrick that wasn't.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
I don't think the organization is very concerned about improving the Moose via career-AHL veterans. Winning is the third priority for the team and signing good minor leaguers does not support either of the first two priorities.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
Please get some defensemen who can move the puck out of the DZone.

*jets qualify melchiori*

okay

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I don't think the organization is very concerned about improving the Moose via career-AHL veterans. Winning is the third priority for the team and signing good minor leaguers does not support either of the first two priorities.

I disgree. If we want to bevelop our prospects in the A we need to give them some decent experienced linemates. It only becomes a negative when the veteran leaders are taking too much TOI at the expense of the prospects.

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
I am hoping we add at least a top 9 forward... If we do nothing I don't think we are lucky enough to be a lottery team again. And we likely are not even a wild card team. No man's land. May as well add a top 9 and #5-6 D, and hope to get the young guys some
Playoff games

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
I do not see the Jets as big players in the UFA market for top 9 forwards or top 5 d- men with the current amount of high end prospects that we want to integrate in to our line up this year.

The Moose sucked last year, mostly due to in effective Veteran players that did not play up to expectations.

Fraser. Approx 250-300 k in the Ahl
Hallischuk. Approx 250-300 k in the Ahl
Cormier. Approx 200 300 k in the Ahl
Raffl. One way contract approx $550 k
Harrisson. One way contract 1.1 mill
Plug D man UFA we signed from Toronto was so bad I can't remember his name.

There are some useful names that did not get qualified or are UFA s that would be huge improvements.

Familiar Names

O Dell ....... AHL Ott/Buff..... 50 points
K Mouilleriate..... AHL Pitts ....45 points
O Neil LD ........ AHL Pitts ...... 50 points
Redmond ...... AHL Coldorado ... Not offered Q offer
Jaffrey....... Old man had a good year in Europe AHL deal only)

Toronto

-Connor Carrick.... Not offered Q offer
Percy ...........Not offered Q offer

Bottom line the Moose need help and the Jets need veteran Depth at the AHL level

I am missing a bunch of options for possible Moose veterans and Jets depth, please add potential options.

PS .... B4 any one mentions it .

We have some possible Moose Veteran all ready signed leadership in

- Thorburn
-Peluso
- Stuart
- Pavelac (LOL)
And I think Party Pardy Dangler burnt his bridges on the way out last year and I believe he may still sign in Edmonton.

He did? I don't think I heard anything about that.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
He did? I don't think I heard anything about that.

I don't know if he was burning bridges exactly, but he made some comments to the effect that he wasn't happy with not getting ice time last year:

“I don’t think I expected to be out of the lineup so long, especially when we were sitting in last place in the division and at one time, last place in the conference. You’d expect there would be changes made within the lineup, but that didn’t happen.

“I expected more of myself. The way things ended off last year and where we really made strides to where we wanted to go, I felt like I was a big part of that.

“Then, to come in this year and only get a couple of games here and there, and (you make) one mistake, and you can’t play any more ... that was the hard thing to deal with, kind of being pushed to the side and not being counted on.â€

http://www.thetelegram.com/Sports/H...dy-embraces-opportunity-to-play-with-Oilers/1

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
So the Jets sign hometown speedster Quinton Howden. When I was at the draft in Buffalo last weekend I saw the 2 Howden brothers together with some family in the concourse. Then I saw 5 ft 0 Zinger pop around and start talking to everybody. My friend and I assessed that the younger Howden may be a Jet option at pick #22 later that night or maybe even a faller at pick # 36. ( he was picked mid to late 20s)

I am not a fan of the Strait signing.
-Percy signed 1 year 575k with Pitts
-Redmond signed 2 years with Montreal

ODell and O Neil are both still available for the Moose.

Moose need some Veteran offence......

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad