Prospect Info: Jets Top Prospects Poll: #7 Prospect

Who is the Jets #7 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Berdin for me, then Gustafsson. Berdin is so fun to watch, and he has star potential.

Add McKenzie.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Gustafsson for me again. I think he will be a workhorse 3C that can put up decent point totals. I am no good at projecting goalies though so who knows lol.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Interesting. Our second picks of 2018 and 2019 aren’t even showing on the list yet. But lower picks are.
Not that I disagree at all. Although Smith should be added soon.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I'll vote Berdin, but with a grain of salt. Goalies are voodoo. Head's in the wrong space and they can seem like they are defending a soccer net. Who picked Binnington to win the Stanley Cup this year? Add Skyler McKenzie.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Not much love for Gus. Hope he plays with Moose this year, he will impress and surprise some people. Think Andrew Copp to a certain extent.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Interesting. Our second picks of 2018 and 2019 aren’t even showing on the list yet. But lower picks are.
Not that I disagree at all. Although Smith should be added soon.

A lot of our 2nd rd picks have not panned out. Samberg is probably the only one who looks to exceed his promise.
If Berdin wins it looks like Gustafsson comes in at #8. Interestingly Nathan Smith isn't on the list, and the scouting reports on him at summer camp were all favourable. I think Smith probably has a higher offensive ceiling than Gus, I don't know enough about Gustafsson to know why he is viewed so favourably on here.

Reactions: littlerocketboy

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
A lot of our 2nd rd picks have not panned out. Samberg is probably the only one who looks to exceed his promise.
If Berdin wins it looks like Gustafsson comes in at #8. Interestingly Nathan Smith isn't on the list, and the scouting reports on him at summer camp were all favourable. I think Smith probably has a higher offensive ceiling than Gus, I don't know enough about Gustafsson to know why he is viewed so favourably on here.
Adjusting for league, Gus has produced very very well. Meanwhile, Smith's production classes him as completely irrelevant.

wabagee

Nov 24, 2014
God, have we had no picks forever “Burden” was a pick how long ago?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Not much love for Gus. Hope he plays with Moose this year, he will impress and surprise some people. Think Andrew Copp to a certain extent.
I'm reserving my enthusiasm for Gustafsson until I see whether his skating elevates a notch or two. If so, he could be very effective, perhaps in a 3 C role.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Adjusting for league, Gus has produced very very well. Meanwhile, Smith's production classes him as completely irrelevant.

I am not sure I understand that logic. The Swedish Elite League is weaker in talent than the AHL. I was watching some Jets Prospects videos on You Tube, and nothing in Gustafsson's game stands out to me. Good positioning is his strength from what I can tell. I think he is a development option to replace Lowry, if we lose him. But I honestly would not rank him ahead of Mc Kenzie, who came from the powerhouse Winterhawks program. Then there is Kovacevic. As for Smith, I don't know how to judge the USHL but our amateur scouts are certainly scouring it for talent.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Gotta vote for the Vince McMahon of goaltending.

BlankImpoliteBass-max-1mb.gif

Just hop on the bus, Gus. Don't need to discuss much. :nod:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Really surprised by the luke warm reaction to Berdin at this point. Kid is outperforming Hellebuyck at the same level.
Helle D+3, Icecaps - .921
Berdin D+3, Moose - .927

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
The people trying to defend picking Stanely in the first round need to stop marginalizing other prospects in the process. There is no way he should be ahead of Berdin or Gustafsson.
Anyway, I still take Berdin over Gustafsson. Berdin has a more realistic chance to be an impactful NHL player.
I am not sure I understand that logic. The Swedish Elite League is weaker in talent than the AHL
The Swedish hockey league is a higher caliber if play than the AHL, and it’s not close. The AHL is much closer to the top NCAA divisions than it is to the SHL
Really surprised by the luke warm reaction to Berdin at this point. Kid is outperforming Hellebuyck at the same level.
Helle D+3, Icecaps - .921
Berdin D+3, Moose - .927
Hellebuyck was passed over his first year of eligibility then spent 2 years in the NCAA. He didn’t play in the AHL until his D+4 year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad