Prospect Info: Jets Top Prospects Poll: #12 Prospect

Who is the Jets #12 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Is anyone interested in taking this on starting on Sunday? I will not be able to add the polls till the following weekend.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Close between Gawenke and Vallati. Went with Gawenke based on my first instinct, but could easily be persuaded that Vallati is better.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
I went with McKenzie. Basically because I kept voting Nikkanen and every other prospect I knew well went before him.

I guess I'm just polluting the voting pool at this point. Harkins is a guy I wanted in Roslo's draft spot and I've been pretty disappointed so far

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Voted Gawanke.

Valatti, Spacek are probably my next two. Could make a case for Lundmark or Green based on upside, but I have some big questions about both.

Oilpeg

Jun 3, 2014
Winnipeg
I've been voting Green for three or four rounds now. I really feel that he's going to breakout this year. He's lost almost two seasons now to injury, I have a lot of faith in him and was excited when he was picked.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
I've been voting Green for three or four rounds now. I really feel that he's going to breakout this year. He's lost almost two seasons now to injury, I have a lot of faith in him and was excited when he was picked.
I was high on him, but the two lost seasons make me weary. He was raw to begin with and it is hard to improve without playing.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Gawanke doesn't get enough love around here. Could say the same about Valatti but went with Gawanke.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
If he has a breakout year then I may start to get behind him. Regardless of potential reasons, the longer a player goes without having that breakout year the less likely it is to ever happen. Even it he was held back because of injuries, maybe he’s just injury prone and will keep being injured. We have more reason expect that then to expect a breakout year at this point IMO.

Don’t get me wrong I’ll vote for him eventually, but not while there are younger players with NHL potential on the board.

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Vallati for me....... as I had Chisholm /Vallati as a 1/2 all year in the OHL

Next pick is Spacek as he is being productive against men in the AHL

After that is Green

Lastly Gawanke as I took into account his late development in the QJHL as I have the OHL st a higher level of competiiion overall

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Random aside:

Luke Green is still the only Jets prospect to follow me for longer than accident.
Eric O'Dell being the only Jet to follow me for longer than accident.

Scheifele, Ladd, among others used to follow me when I wrote about Jets stuff and then notice and unfollow me a few mins-to-hours later. They all say they don't care about media and what's written about them... but they do.

Don't know why I'm saying this. Summer boredom. Is it October yet? (Or at least September, when work picks up again)

Reactions: Duke749

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
This is where it starts to get wishy washy. I was thinking Spacek, but forgot about Gawanke, so I’ll go with him.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Random aside:

Luke Green is still the only Jets prospect to follow me for longer than accident.
Eric O'Dell being the only Jet to follow me for longer than accident.

Scheifele, Ladd, among others used to follow me when I wrote about Jets stuff and then notice and unfollow me a few mins-to-hours later. They all say they don't care about media and what's written about them... but they do.

Don't know why I'm saying this. Summer boredom. Is it October yet? (Or at least September, when work picks up again)
Hendricks followed me for a few months during the 2017-18 season.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I was high on him, but the two lost seasons make me weary. He was raw to begin with and it is hard to improve without playing.

He was among the best skaters in our entire draft pool when he was drafted and likely still is. Kid is going to blow people away this year. Mark my words Truck. Ya heard it here first.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
If he has a breakout year then I may start to get behind him. Regardless of potential reasons, the longer a player goes without having that breakout year the less likely it is to ever happen. Even it he was held back because of injuries, maybe he’s just injury prone and will keep being injured. We have more reason expect that then to expect a breakout year at this point IMO.

Don’t get me wrong I’ll vote for him eventually, but not while there are younger players with NHL potential on the board.

My guess is you wont get many more chances to vote for him.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
He was among the best skaters in our entire draft pool when he was drafted and likely still is. Kid is going to blow people away this year. Mark my words Truck. Ya heard it here first.
His skating has always been great, but his D zone and decision making were raw. That's the piece that I'm wondering about. Hard to work on those while you're on the sideline.

I like Green. I thought he had a 2nd round grade in his draft year. Just hard to bank on improvement when he isn't playing.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
His skating has always been great, but his D zone and decision making were raw. That's the piece that I'm wondering about. Hard to work on those while you're on the sideline.

I like Green. I thought he had a 2nd round grade in his draft year. Just hard to bank on improvement when he isn't playing.

True but his body will have matured over the last two years. If he puts in the work he could rebound.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad