Pre-Game Talk: Jets/Thrashers at the Northstars Saturday Jan 4th 1pm again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
So assuming Niku replaces Dahlstrom in the lineup, does he start higher than the third pair and knock Poolman or Sbisa down, or does he play a reduced role with Bitetto?

I'd bet he's on the third pair with Bitetto, but Sbisa and Poolman had probably their worst game in recent memory against the Leafs.
Baby steps , i don't think it would be fair to Niku to get thrown on the top pairing . If he plays well i could see him moving up eventually though .

Reactions: Howard Chuck

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I’ve come to really appreciate Copp this season. Just lacks scoring touch unfortunately.

Or fortunately depending on how you look at it. It costs way less to have a guy like Copp who doesn’t put up big point totals but he outplays his opponents more often than not. It’s not about how much you score it’s about the spread between what you give up and what you get.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Or fortunately depending on how you look at it. It costs way less to have a guy like Copp who doesn’t put up big point totals but he outplays his opponents more often than not. It’s not about how much you score it’s about the spread between what you give up and what you get.
But if he had a scoring touch we could have given the money from Connor or any of those guys as Copp would be a true superstar. Any guy who can play D like that and score is worth a pretty penny.

Reactions: PaulPooley

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012

Zeus approves.

3l5prd.jpg

3l5prg.jpg

Reactions: ps241

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
If Copp had hands like Connor and could score like him he would literally be a left shooting Bergeron.

It still bothers me that we went to arbitration with Copp. Contract negotiations can be tough but I look at him as a pretty key piece and you don’t want to risk permanently damaging relationships. Most players that go to arbitration don’t stay long term with that team. I really wish some of our top scoring talent were excellent defensive players but they aren’t “yet” at least, because of that we really do need a guy like Andrew Copp. I am not saying he is quite as valuable as the top scoring assets but he is elite at what he does well and we are in very short supply of it in on this version of the Jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad