Pre-Game Talk: Jets & Stars • Home and Home • Tue, Dec 3 & Thu, Dec 5

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
The currently in vogue expression home and home is a personal pet peeve. It should still be called a home and away. We're talking about our team. The Jets will play one game at home and another game on the road against Dallas. How would you describe it if the Jets had two straight games at home against a team? Would that be a home and another home? A home and home again? No, those would sound silly. That's what home and home should be used for. This is a home and away series. On this matter, my mind is made up. :nod:

Isn't the talk is about both teams? Usually the opponent is mentioned.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Seconded!

EH3JfVJX4AEU7dG.jpg

Heritag-Classic.jpg
Thirded . :laugh: These seriously should be our jersey's , no question about it . :nod:

Reactions: Guardian17

PaulPooley

Nov 18, 2018
Sometimes I’m not sure what I’d like to see them add more- a bonafide 4th liner or a top 4 dman

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Isn't the talk is about both teams? Usually the opponent is mentioned.

Sure, they get mentioned. But typically the talk in these threads is I would guesstimate...

90% Jets
9% Things that are off topic and completely irrelevant to the game
1% Opponent

:laugh:

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
Sure, they get mentioned. But typically the talk in these threads is I would guesstimate...

90% Jets
9% Things that are off topic and completely irrelevant to the game
1% Opponent

:laugh:

What about when the Jets are playing back to back against the same team, one gane in each city? I'd say in that scenario, the opponent is mentioned enough to warrant saying your pet peeve "home and home" as opposed to "home and away."

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
I hate Home and Home. Have never emotionally recovered from the Capitals coming into our barn back in IDK what season - early Jets 2.0 - where we were up in the standings, playoff spot, ahead of the Capitals. They came in, took both games, 8 point swing. It was all downhill from there that season.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
I hate Home and Home. Have never emotionally recovered from the Capitals coming into our barn back in IDK what season - early Jets 2.0 - where we were up in the standings, playoff spot, ahead of the Capitals. They came in, took both games, 8 point swing. It was all downhill from there that season.
Ahh the old Southeast division trauma

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Practice Audio:

Players: Jack Roslovic & Nikolaj Ehlers

Coach Maurice scrum topics: Coach Maurice: Does he have an update on Dmitry Kulikov? Does he have an update on Sami Niku? What was his biggest takeaway from the road trip? What has he seen from his power play? His assessment of Connor Hellebuyck over the past month? On Hellebuyck turning pucks into an opportunity for the Jets. On Laine and Scheifele switching spots on the power play. What have Roslovic and Ehlers done to facilitate Wheeler's move to the middle? On the path for Jack Roslovic. On how Roslovic/Ehlers have learned to play like Wheeler. Should there be surprise at how well Roslovic's doing right now? Update on Appleton and Bourque? Would Appleton be a possibility for Thursday? On Roslovic hitting his potential. On Tucker Poolman exceeding expectations.

To listen click here.

PaulPooley

Nov 18, 2018
I remember this scenario clearly. I especially recall sitting in the 200 level watching the 2nd game and just feeling so frustrated.

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
You know, instead of these appeals to authority, why not try coming up with a cogent counter-argument to my line of reasoning.

Why bother? You've already stressed in your earlier posting that you are incapable of accepting new ideas and insist that your mind is made up.

Far easier to just add you to my ignore list.

Reactions: Huffer

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
What's the injury status of Kulikov? We are kind of short on top 4 defensemen right now. It's amazing what the defense is doing so far. There is going to be some intensity in these games, as the points get bigger.

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
I hope the Stars don't come and burn down our village, we might be short on fire trucks at the moment.

Stars and Jets are the matchup that I think we'll be point-watching near the end of the year, so these two games are massive. I bet we split it.

Reactions: Jets 31

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
I hope the Stars don't come and burn down our village, we might be short on fire trucks at the moment.

Stars and Jets are the matchup that I think we'll be point-watching near the end of the year, so these two games are massive. I bet we split it.
MUST WIN starting at home!

plus

I sure hope TSN cuts the Sawyer monologue short so viewers experience the full Blue Bomber pre game ceremony. I wanna here that crowd ROAR at puck drop!

Strevelers last night in town!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jets 31

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
It'll be interesting to see how Dullas responds after their lacklustre performance last night. Will they goon it up even more (how many cheap shots did Comeau give us?) or will they open it up and try to outscore us? After watching our Jets settle in to their "identity" this season I'm pretty sure we'll just come out and play the same game we did last night. At least I'm hoping we do anyway... ;)

P.S. Thanks to @Ducky10 for reopening this thread for the 2nd of the home-and-home... or home-and-away... or back-to-back... or ??? :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad