Pre-Game Talk: Jets & Stars • Home and Home • Tue, Dec 3 & Thu, Dec 5

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I expect Dallas to be a little stingier in the neutral zone and look to be much heavier down low with the Jets. I doubt they put in another stinker like last night. Expect it to be chippy as well.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
It'll be interesting to see how Dullas responds after their lacklustre performance last night. Will they goon it up even more (how many cheap shots did Comeau give us?) or will they open it up and try to outscore us? After watching our Jets settle in to their "identity" this season I'm pretty sure we'll just come out and play the same game we did last night. At least I'm hoping we do anyway... ;)

P.S. Thanks to @Ducky10 for reopening this thread for the 2nd of the home-and-home... or home-and-away... or back-to-back... or ??? :laugh:

I think it will be a very rough game, and the Jets have to show they can dish it out too...... without any injuries. Could be a season defining game, to show that a) we are capable of beating the opposition handily and b) we can't be intimidated.

We have enough big bodies that we can at least throw some hits and rough it up a bit.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
As well as the Jets played against Dallas on Tuesday, the Stars did seem to give Winnipeg a lot of skating room. I suspect that will change on Thursday.
The Northstars couldn't see very well with all of Ehlers and Laine's hair flying in their faces as Ehlers and Laine blew passed them . :naughty:

HHel

Feb 26, 2018
Last night TOI Seguin 14:21, Radulov 14:03, Benn 14:27

I think that Montgomery wasn't too happy with their performance.

I'm affraid that tomorrow isn't going to be an easy, but if our effort is like last night with better finnish we'll be fine. :naughty:

Laine 2+4 (he is still passer :nod:)
Sheifele 3+3
Connor 1+5
:popcorn:

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
Dallas is going to come out angry, and likely not as flat as they were yesterday. I think Jets can go toe to toe with them at their best anyway

Reactions: jefferoni

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
It'll be interesting to see how Dullas responds after their lacklustre performance last night. Will they goon it up even more (how many cheap shots did Comeau give us?) or will they open it up and try to outscore us? After watching our Jets settle in to their "identity" this season I'm pretty sure we'll just come out and play the same game we did last night. At least I'm hoping we do anyway... ;)

P.S. Thanks to @Ducky10 for reopening this thread for the 2nd of the home-and-home... or home-and-away... or back-to-back... or ??? :laugh:

Dallas will control the line matchups, I think that will change some of the dynamic. The Stars gave up a lot of ice to the Jets, I don't expect a repeat. The cheap shots have been every game. Think it really started when Wheeler ran Lindell into the boards, earlier in the year, and then it just escalates. 4 games early against a divisional rival separated by only a few points in the standings, makes for intensity. I don't expect that 4th line to see much ice time, they really struggled with the Bitetto-Dahlstrom pairing to get any traction, or out of their zone, could be exposed on the road. Would love to see Lipon draw in over Shaw, because I think the next game will have even more chippiness. And someone should give Comeau a tap, that isn't a superstar. Bitetto has been good at matching the physical parts. Lowry has shown he can lay down the law, but those knuckles could use a rest. I think the Jets have to use their speed again. Polak and Sekaraj got burned quite a bit by it. Heiskanen is the guy you have to watch. Stars fans should be thankful they didn't trade him for Karlsson.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada

Or the way the boys have been playing at home and on the road, away and away ???

:sarcasm:

Reactions: jefferoni

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Practice Audio:

Players: Carl Dahlstrom, Andrew Copp and Connor Hellebuyck.

Coach Maurice scrum topics: Status of Luca Sbisa? Update on Appleton, Bourque & Beaulieu. How Appleton has handled/responded since the injury. More on Appleton. Adding Nick Shore to the lineup. Will Shore join them in Dallas? Will he play tomorrow? Opportunity to re-work the 4th line. Does the addition of Shore mean David Gustafsson is off to play for Sweden at World Juniors? What has impressed him most about Connor Hellebuyck's play this season? What has Hellebucyk meant for the team finding identity/consistency? What determines if Gustafsson sticks with the Jets? Fostering leadership.

To listen click here.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Laine’s comments will serve to galvanize this group.
They seem to really be playing for each other.
Glad he made them , a competitive guy wants the other team’s best.
We will win tomorrow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad